Character arrivals to Crosspire

[quote=“Jarratt”][quote=“KateB”]I’m thinking it’s a regular arrangement the Candymen have with whoever puts them up, probably on a monthly basis. Someone want to message me to arrange that?
[/quote]

Monthly might be ambitious if you consider travel time. How long do you guys spend in your playground anyway? :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

I was thinking the Candymen live about 2 or 3 days’ walk from Crosspire, and they send batches of traders (in ones, twos or threes) out to Crosspire at least on pretty much a montlhy basis, maybe give or take a week or two. The traders stay a night or two, then come home (at least that’s the plan).

[quote=“KateB”][quote=“Jarratt”][quote=“KateB”]I’m thinking it’s a regular arrangement the Candymen have with whoever puts them up, probably on a monthly basis. Someone want to message me to arrange that?
[/quote]

Monthly might be ambitious if you consider travel time. How long do you guys spend in your playground anyway? :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

I was thinking the Candymen live about 2 or 3 days’ walk from Crosspire, and they send batches of traders (in ones, twos or threes) out to Crosspire at least on pretty much a montlhy basis, maybe give or take a week or two. The traders stay a night or two, then come home (at least that’s the plan).[/quote]

Based on everything else that has come in, I think that it’s actually further away than that. The Candymen are right on the coast, and as they would really walk everywhere I would guess it’s more like a week to 2 weeks away.

[quote=“sophmelc”]

Based on everything else that has come in, I think that it’s actually further away than that. The Candymen are right on the coast, and as they would really walk everywhere I would guess it’s more like a week to 2 weeks away.[/quote]

Ah, but is the coast still where it was before??? I got the impression the water has moved a bit, and the coast could well be closer than it used to be…

Ok, let’s say Playland is a weeks’ brisk walk away from Crosspire then, and the Candymen have a standing arrangement (so far) with someone in Crosspire who has accommodation available, that once a month (or possibly 6 weeks), the tribe batches stay 2 or 3 nights in return for trading whatever. The townies in general probably know to expect a batch on a regular basis, so at the point of gametime, Tic will have been in Crosspire overnight and will probably have been recognised by the Townies as a Candyman.

Just a point on travel times. Two weeks cannot be covered in ‘1 week of brisk walking’. That’s some serious moving which will take supplies and be particularly difficult on anyone involved. If we’re going for a gritty feel in this game, nothing is easy and all manner of bad stuff can happen to you at any point.

Don’t take travel lightly is the point that I’m trying to make.

Also, GM is also final arbiter in terms of geography so maybe have a chat with Sophie before making announcements.

Hmm, this is getting harder and more complicated, and rules seem to be changing.

I agree one week to one person might be several to another, based on fitness, gear, terrain, health, whether they get stopped or delayed on the way, etc.

However, I did think Crosspire was sort of a regular trading stop for the surrounding areas/tribes/communities/wanderers, so I would think over time, some basic routes would have been made more accessible, purely because they are being travelled reasonably regularly by those who live around the area. Not to say it would have become easy, just less difficult, if that makes sense.

As you say, I should defer to Sophie, so I ask the following:

Sophie, could you message me about exactly how far away from Crosspire you want Playland to be, and how I can get around the fact that if it’s more than 2 weeks’ (hard) walk away, why would Tic be travelling alone, even along a potentially regular trade route? Ta.

ArcTechSci is 4-5 weeks journey by foot, but thats based on an undefined route from there to here, not all roads are straight and direct… :smiley:

KateB - It might be that you’re either closer to CrossSpire & thus Further from the sea, or further from Crossspire & visit less often than monthly … Perhaps it’s the beginning of a new season & you’re re-negotiating trades, or picking up / delivering a larger amount of goods.

[quote=“KateB”]
Sophie, could you message me about exactly how far away from Crosspire you want Playland to be, and how I can get around the fact that if it’s more than 2 weeks’ (hard) walk away, why would Tic be travelling alone, even along a potentially regular trade route? Ta.[/quote]

You can email her you know? I’m not trying to be mean here, but if Sophie is defining distances and has pieced undefined things together from your background based on the geography that she’s established in her world, then you might have to change the location of your homeland or something to fit in (not be on the coast etc). Or if there is a misunderstanding about your background, clear it up with her directly.

Yeah I get it. Will do so.

I can’t believe you fell for that. Obviously I tunneled here. That’s why I didn’t see anyone else on the way.

I can’t believe you fell for that. Obviously I tunneled here. That’s why I didn’t see anyone else on the way.[/quote]

Would love for you to pop out of the floor start of the session

I can’t believe you fell for that. Obviously I tunneled here. That’s why I didn’t see anyone else on the way.[/quote]

Oh I didn’t even realise they were splicing mole DNA with human DNA over at your Arc.

Oh I didn’t even realise they were splicing mole DNA with human DNA over at your Arc.[/quote]

It’s not just Mole DNA, we at XXXXXXX use XXXXXXX to enhance our XXXXXXX and our XXXXXXX
XXXXXX ARCs are all Human+