Can't add or edit events through website CMS

@annekes

I know we were having problems with images a while back, but now it seems that regional committee members can’t add or edit events through the website CMS. Any idea what is wrong?

(The “add events” form still seems to work, but that’s obviously not the best way for committee members to do things if we want GMs to be able to edit their own events later).

Any follow up on this? With Phoenix coming up it would be good to be able to update the event page with announcements.

If it isn’t fixed, what’s the best way for me to get the event page updated?

1 Like

@annekes
Any answer to this? Do National Committee have the ability to edit events? Or should I delete the event and upload a new one with the updated details (a bit of a pain as it will break links to the event but might be easier at this point)?

2 Likes

To piggy-back on this - is the membership expiry script working still?

1 Like

National Committee and Regional Committee members should be able to edit events in the CMS. Let me know if you want to coordinate this evening or later this week to sort out updating your events.

The membership expiry script has been inconsistent recently. I will have a closer look but have been distracted by starting a new job.
Will do my best to look into it.

Should be, but we cannot. This is what it looks like in Firefox and Chrome. Note the lack of input boxes.

This is what the current events page looks like. Note the lack of delete or “add new event” buttons:

…which means that the only way to add an event now is through the (kludgier) user-interface, which does not allow editing.

This is obviously a key functionality, so the quicker it can be fixed, the better.

…which means that the only way to add an event now is through the (kludgier) user-interface, which does not allow editing.

Whoever submitted the event can edit it if they’re logged in - there will be an “edit” button below the title of the event, though it’s easy to miss if you don’t know to look for it. (I only recently figured this out while searching for the solution to an unrelated issue.)

Just to confirm, I cannot add events using CMS either, and the form is not ideal.

1 Like