Best hollywood blockbuster

All the games that I played this weekend were so amazing, had so much fun as I’m sure the rest of you did.
And I know we all voted on our favourite games etc. However, from all your games at chimera.

What would have made the best hollywood blockbuster movie and why.

You can pick any genre and any actors to star in your film, as well as include any other special effects if needed.
Obviously all the games were so awesome that we would love to see them all as movies but I want you to try and pick one.

Alpha Alpha Asguard.

Because all the characters were hilarious, fun and downright amazingly written.

Working Quarter could make a good movie, but it would be more art-house than blockbuster. I could definitely see Silver Kiss being made into a teen movie actually (although it would really need to some of what was going cut out of it to fit it all in I think). In terms of blockbuster potential, 13 Angry Men With Guns would definitely be the pick from my games. Many of mine weren’t really especially suited to movie-fication, but I think that just reflects the fact that there are some strong fundamental differences between LARP and movies, rather than anything else.

The Hunger Games! …Oh wait…

Into The Woods would make a great kid’s movie in the same sort of vein as the Ice Age and Toy Story movies- theoretically aimed at kids but also great for adults

/thread :laughing:

The Seeker’s Regret / Galaxia 20 Crossover.

You start off with a movie, in a certain genre. Then you introduce a huge unpredictable plot twist, and make it something else entirely!

… kind of reminds me of the movie “Dreamcatcher.”

13 Angry men with guns, Same actors (you can’t get a better cast, and Reuben, Hannah and Bryn , you are legends ) same writer’s (Jacqueline and Matt, you are awesome) , add Clint Eastwood and Joss Whedon as Co-directors to get the whole thing cracking

Or “From Dusk Til Dawn”

Since it was our homage to “Frat Movies”, it makes me really happy to hear you think it’d work as one!

Having thought about this, 13 Angry Men With Guns would be my pick - was my favourite game, and works best as a film.

I’m going to agree and disagree with Yahn. I liked the cast we had, however I reckon Yahn was pretty much John Wayne in that game. So I’m going to go with we make a Blockbuster using actors from all of time. Which begs the question: If we get John Wayne as the Sherriff, who do you think other Characters would be?

I think 13 Angry Men as a film would get terrible reviews, something along the lines of “too many plots, not enough focus on a strong central character, too many coincidences” - you know all the usual RPG vs Film stuff :slight_smile:

As for casting: John Wayne as Sheriff I can see. I like the idea of Ernest Borgnine (at the age at which he was acting in Westerns) as the Deputy. Clint Eastwood as the Ranger. I have a mindblank on the others for now…

Definitely Marilyn Monroe as the Widow Darlington, James Coburn as the very drunk Texas Ranger with the very obedient horse …We’d have to have James Arness (Gunsmoke) in their somewhere, and Bruce Boxleitner as the prospector angus, , and Charlton Heston would make a good FBI man, just about the right height too… Gene Hackman as the very corrupt deputy… (Hackman does corrupt so well)… Vivienne Leigh (Gone with the wind) , Dale evans , and Jennifer Holt as the other ladies, with Gabby Hayes and Ronald Reagen in there somewhere too. Most of my favourite westerns were actually comedies like F-Troop, Blazing Saddles, Evil Roy Slade, Bonanza , Gunsmoke, How the west was won…

[quote=“TinTango”]The Seeker’s Regret / Galaxia 20 Crossover.

You start off with a movie, in a certain genre. Then you introduce a huge unpredictable plot twist, and make it something else entirely!

… kind of reminds me of the movie “Dreamcatcher.”[/quote]
Hell yeah! What a twist! 8)