Beauty and the Geek Australia-URGENT TV series talent search

Hello there,

I am the NZ-based scout for this top-rating TV series. For the first time the show producers want to pitch super bright NZ guys against the Australians. My mission is to find some fabulous contenders. To date, I’ve only had two applications and neither are up to scratch.

Hopefully you can help me rectify this problem! (Games Workshop, Heroes For Sale and King of Cards recommended I get in touch with you).

This is a fabulous opportunity for the right guy… A seven-week all expenses paid holiday in a tropical location, the chance to spend time with a bevy of beautiful girls and pit their wits against a group of equally intellectual guys, PLUS the chance to win $100,000 and a new car.

Fingers crossed you can help spread the word to everyone in your database.

Julie

Julie Roberts
Talent Scout
Imagination TV
0272-921538
imaginationtv.co.nz[attachment=0]Beauty and the Geek Australia - Info & application form for super smart New Zealand men![1].docx[/attachment]

[quote=“MissC”]This is a fabulous opportunity for the right guy… A seven-week all expenses paid holiday in a tropical location, the chance to spend time with a bevy of beautiful girls and pit their wits against a group of equally intellectual guys, PLUS the chance to win $100,000 and a new car.[/quote]O…kay. This Ms Roberts knows that sexism is a thing, right?

Seven weeks being demeaned and laughed at for the amusement of others. It’s geekploitation!

I can spend time with intelligent and attractive girls and guys right here, without having to make an ass of myself on TV.

Very well put. Methinks the odds of their finding someone via Diatribe are somewhat slim.

“Super bright guys” and wanting to take past in this thing are pretty much antithetical.

But there’s this other thing, called money, that seems to have a higher priority for some reason.

Not only is the show focused on reinforcing cis-gendered stereotypes, but the dudes only get AUD80/day “pocket money” (which, I assume, pays for their drinks at the bar at night). Who has 7 weeks in which they can earn buggerall in the hope of maybe getting 100K ?

Perhaps this: someone who is actually bright and geeky-looking, and has the wherewithall to woo the laydeez AND can act well enough to fool the producers into thinking they are a non-confident geek who can’t pull ? And where would you find such a person, if not in a LARP community ?

To our young (18-30) lads I say: this is the LARP OF A LIFETIME. If you win, you get a CAR, some $$$ and (maybe) the woman !!! And all you have to do is submit a character sheet of a sterotypical geek and then play that character for a while, before reverting to OOC and getting shizzy with the nizzy.

Ditto for our young women, except your character sheet has you being all “non-intellectual”.

As a larp, this would never fly, but as a subversive larp experiment, this rocks ! Larpers FTW !! :wink:

HA! If only there was a like button, that post would get it! Awesome spin on it Mike!

This whole thing made me laugh, but this was my favourite bit:

We’ve got an odd reputation…?

Totally disgruntled there’s no girl geeks on these things.

Life imitates Art?

nzlarps.org/hydra/index.php? … &gameID=17

PS. Still need two female players :slight_smile:

They often have one girl geek, and one male beauty, to break things up. Of course, it’s important that the guy beauty be vain and not very clever. Can’t have anyone breaking the stereotypes.

I reckon more than half of what you see is put on either by the contestants, by prompting from the crew or through editing. Especially considering that the winners are the ones with the best “journey” from geek to beauty, and vice versa, so there’s an incentive to start off acting like a complete dweeb and then gradually “improve”. Add in the nerves of being on film and you get one nasty, fake show.

Shows like this can really mess with contestants self-image, by projecting a warped version of them to the world. Even some normal TV game shows are looking to stereotype you somewhat for the entertainment of the audience, but shows like this are really pretty malicious about it, it’s their whole purpose.

I’d do it, but it wouldn’t be fair on the other guys :slight_smile:

I LOVE this show!! I’d be on it in a heart beat, but i’m certainly not geeky enough to be picked, plus, married with child probably doesn’t work either :stuck_out_tongue:

Brace yourselves, our imagine is being further syteriotyped/ruined on television. both ladydiess and men and non-binary folk who LARP.