Auckland Meeting Minutes 21st November 2016

minutes
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fdcdd9ced90>

#1

Open: 7:40pm - Closed 9pm

Attending: Rowena, Stacey, Alistair, Beth (minutes), Mike, Dave, Michelle, KJ
Apologies: Walter phoned in.

Minutes: Read and passed.

Community Safety Meeting:
Have been unable to find a hall as it’s the busy season
Alistair and Walter have been working on a survey - we should release it with the dates so we can have the most people attend. Early February may work? Need to avoid Kapcon.
Contact from HELP and Rape Prevention seem on board.
Open to all larpers, NZLARPS members or not.

Action Points:
Look at getting a facilitator -someone trained.
Ask Nikki to talk to her Police friend who may be able to help.
Stacey to ask if her Husbands work colleague who works with the Special Victims Unit may be able to help.
Find a hall

Trailer:
It hasn’t been fixed yet, however Derek has offered to fix it for us. Koha for Derek - Box of beers motion has been passed.
An issue with the Jockey Wheel - it has broken. We can fix it but we need another wheel.
Do we want to sell it? - Issues with the Lion Grant, information may be in the secretary box?
Need to do a cost analysis to see how viable it is.

Action Point:

  • Cost benefit analysis - completed and decision made by March 1st. Walter and Mike to get back to committee.
  • Stacey to look into grants.
    It may need a new place to live - Ben and Mathilde?

Armageddon:
Seemed good, have yet to compare email lists with who actually ended up coming to Chimera.

Chimera:
Feel was very positive, people were generally helpful.
Cars got broken into but we have options for security for next year.
No actuals of yet.

Hogwarts:
Up to date with payments.

Treasurer:
A few more costs Armageddon
Musketeers - around a $700

  • Chimera - Cash: $939.90 paid into the Auckland account
    $50 for NZLARPS memberships have been paid to the national account
    Waiting for receipts from: Rowena and Hamish.
    Rental storage: $3480 - has increased $10 a year since we got it. Look into getting a new storage facility - constricted by the amount of gear and the shelves.

Action Point: Stacey to look for a new place

Gear Report:
More new gear is coming in from Musketeers.
We should do a bit of a cull as a lot isn’t being used and some has been damaged from rain etc…

Marketing Report:
Have just launched the NZLARPS Auckland Facebook page. Purely an administration page.
Encourage people to ‘Like’ it even if they unfollow it afterwards - so that it continues to build a following.

Action Point:
Stacey to write a review of Chimera for the December newsletter.
Rowena to write
Alistair working on a Marketing survey to send out to all Auckland larpers

Upcoming projects:

  • Summer Series. Dave and Martin have been running a poll. Looking at making a budget per game - charging to make a profit for NZLARPS. 2 games a day in a month. Budget will need to be approved at/before next meeting.
    Workshops: “Weekend larps- A How to Guide” Nikki and Phillip, Tigger and Anna and Hamish are keen to help.
  • “Theatre form writer’s workshop” - smaller groups, the ‘why’ behind what we write, split into smaller groups to write a small larp. Reuben to help with mentoring - Prema and Walter to host? Small costs such as printing, charging $5 or so will ensure people actually turn up who have shown interest.
    “Polish your larp for publishing?” - Maybe speak to Anna? Or Ryan?

-Switch from pay to account to purchase a ticket approach for paying for games. Looking at it for Saga - but it may be an issue for people who don’t have any credit cards.
Look into buying a printer? Larps cost a lot of money.Or Mike has one to donate but drivers may be an issue?
Action Point: Beth to talk to Reuben about what would be a suitable printer for us - double sided, A4, black and white, toner, portable, wireless printing,


#2

[quote=“Keolyn, post:1, topic:21478”]
Trailer:
It hasn’t been fixed yet, however Derek has offered to fix it for us. Koha for Derek - Box of beers motion has been passed.
An issue with the Jockey Wheel - it has broken. We can fix it but we need another wheel.
Do we want to sell it? - Issues with the Lion Grant, information may be in the secretary box?[/quote]

I’ve checked nzlarps.secretary@gmail.com and can confirm that there’s nothing. The trailer was purchased in July 2007 (see motion here). Given that the announcement was made by Adam Weller, who was president at the time, records may be in the president’s account (@Always_Red, can you check please?). OTOH, the gmail accounts were new, and previous committees were not careful about record keeping, so its entirely possible that its buried in his personal email account.

If there are no records in president, then you can either try contacting Adam (I have a few email addresses from test messages), or the Lions Foundation to see.

Additional: Adam moved to the UK in 2008. So, if there’s no records in president, there’s probably none, and we’d need to ask the Lions Foundation.


#3

Also, while I’m here: I’d like to remind the Auckland committee of NZLARPS decision 2014-6, which requires regional committees to publish all financial forecasts and actuals in their committee forums. This is so that we all have transparency over finances. The previous Auckland committee seems to have been a bit slack in adhering to this and failed to post a number of budgets for approved projects (Dry Spell, Chimera, Musketeers), and never posted actuals. We’ve had a couple of reminders recently (Fallout, Hogwarts) about why this is important, and it would be useful if the new committee complied with the requirements.


#4

I think you mean $10 per month, per year we have been using it :stuck_out_tongue:


#5

Yes, that one :slight_smile:


#6

We haven’t approved any budgets or received any actuals yet but we ensure they are posted when we do.