Auckland AGM October 15th 2014

Hi everyone,

The Auckland Regional AGM for 2014 is on the horizon. Start thinking about it now. :slight_smile:

Meeting Time and Location
NOTE NEW DATE
The AGM will be held on Wednesday the 15th of October, at my place in Westmere: 18 Faulder Avenue.
Note if the numbers of confirmed attendees gets to big we will hire a hall, so check back here closer to the date for location.

It will start at 7:30pm. (It will follow the National AGM, at the same venue, so come along for that.)

Please attend the AGM- it is real important that we have quorum for the meeting, so we can vote in our new committee and get a clear direction on how the membership wants the committee to take for the next year.

Agenda

Review minutes of previous AGM.
Reports from current committee members
Voting Committee members for 2015
Any matters arising (please post below if you have a topic you want discussed)

Nominating People

Do you want to be on the committee, or do you want to nominate someone else to a role?

We encourage all NZLARPS members to consider standing for one of the positions on the committee:

• Regional Director
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
  • Marketing Officer
  • Gear Officer
  • General Officer (x2)

You can be nominated by others, and you can also self-nominate. Use this thread to register nominations. NB: You can stand for multiple positions if you wish (and pull out of subsequent elections once you secure a position).

If you’re thinking about joining the committee then read this topic, which outlines the responsibilities of each position.
diatribe.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=9131

And/or catch up with the current committee members at Chimera to chat about how it all works - myself, Prema, James Cooper, Clare Stones, Dave Luxton, Mike Curtis.
I will l stepping down from the committee at the end of this term.

Note we will have a deadline for nominations, to allow for remote voting. TBA. Details of online voting procedures also to be advised.

At this stage I’ll self-nominate for a general officer role.

I second Walter’s nomination.

Note this AGM has been shifted back a week to be October 15th to accommodate Blood Moon, an exciting one off larp, which coincides with the eclipse on the 8th. So go along to that instead. 8)
Refer Blood Moon - the larp

id like to nominate myself for the position of a general officer as well please

I nominate Prema for secretary, marketing and general officer

I nominate Prema for Auckland Director. But she can be only one thing…

I second Prema for Regional Director

I accept the nomination for regional director.

I would like to nominate Clare Stones for secretary.

I second this.

I would like to nominate Dave Luxton for General officer.

[quote=“Lady Prema”]I would like to nominate Dave Luxton for General officer.[/quote]I second this.

In lieu of any nominations for treasurer, I will step up and self nominate myself for this position.

I second this.

I nominate Mike Curtis for Gear Officer.

I second Mike for Gear Officer

I accept the nomination for secretary.

I also second Daena’s nomination for general officer.

I accept my nomination for Auckland Gear Officer.

I would like to nominate Ryan Paddy for the position of Marketing Officer.

Ryan worked with Prema to organise the NZLARPs stall for Aethercon this year. He has also been organising the NZLARPs stall and herding volunteers for the upcoming Armageddon. We haven’t had a marketing officer on the committee for the last few months, but Ryan has gone above and beyond, volunteering his time to make the marketing happen anyway.

Here are the nominations as they stand so far:

Nominated, seconded and accepted (if you nominated yourself, I assume you have accepted)

• Prema Cottingham for Auckland Director
  • Walter Hamer for Treasurer
  • Walter Hamer for General Officer
  • Daena Schofield for General Officer
  • Clare Stones for Secretary
  • Mikare Curtis for Gear Officer.
  • Dave Luxton for General Officer

Nominated and seconded:

Nominated:

• Prema for Secretary, Marketing Officer and General Officer
  • Ryan Paddy for Marketing Officer (declined)

If you are on this list, please check that your NZLARPs membership is up to date.

Thanks for the nomination, however I won’t have much time in the coming year to do the in-person stuff needed to do the regional marketing role justice. Attending events, including regional committee meetings, will stretch me too thin.

It would be much better if someone else can take on this role.