As We Waltzed On: Costume

I was wondering what others might be wearing to this game, or what a good costume guide might be (Daena?). I know the inspiration was Chinese Mythology but it’s also a ball. A ball in the Celestial heavens? I can’t help but think of Labyrinth which is not Chinese at all.

I did have some grand ideas about Chinese costume, but if everyone is wearing more formal clothes it might be too out of place. But if everyone is pretty eclectic then anything goes.

Also I think might character might wear whatever clothes he has quite slouchy.

So er, yeah. I have some costume indecision on this one and was wondering what others had in mind.

[quote=“Jarratt”]I was wondering what others might be wearing to this game, or what a good costume guide might be (Daena?). I know the inspiration was Chinese Mythology but it’s also a ball. A ball in the Celestial heavens? I can’t help but think of Labyrinth which is not Chinese at all.

I did have some grand ideas about Chinese costume, but if everyone is wearing more formal clothes it might be too out of place. But if everyone is pretty eclectic then anything goes.

Also I think might character might wear whatever clothes he has quite slouchy.

So er, yeah. I have some costume indecision on this one and was wondering what others had in mind.[/quote]

Yes there are definitely themes from Chinese Mythology within the game but it is also a fantasy ball with nature/colour themes so although i hadn’t set it in the celestial heaven Hmm (thinking, plotting…) do i have time and energy to rewrite stuff…

i hadn’t planned for anyone to get to stressed about their costume so maybe greys and blues since your Father Sky.

I completely missed anything related to oriental context and just assumed it’s a ball, so I’m wearing a medieval dress of my appropriate colour.

which is also completly fine :slight_smile:

[quote=“daena”]
i hadn’t planned for anyone to get to stressed about their costume so maybe greys and blues since your Father Sky.[/quote]

Nah I’m not stressed. I just didn’t want to wear one thing and then kind of throw everyone off because they are all going more ball/formal. I’m really just trying to get the sense of what people were feeling in terms of setting etc…

I missed the chinese themes too, I’m wearing a big southern belle civil war type dress, because its the sort of thing I think of wearing to a ball… I have a feeling its going to an eclectic game costuming wise :slight_smile:

I’m going a bit French renaissance with mine. I think it’s safe to say that we’re all going to wear ‘fantasy’ in our chosen colours. So go nuts!

Yeah I’m borrowing a Kimono and totally going Japanese (and hopefully I can buy some Hakama). It was my original inspiration anyway. Sadly I don’t think my Larp safe Katana will fit in my suitcase.