Artist needed please!

Hi guys,

I wondered if anyone out there, who knows their way around a paintbrush, would be interested in creating a cover picture for a Larp game?

I’m writing a game for Hydra with Jenni & Jarratt called A Night at the Golden Dragon Tavern, and I’d like to package it up in the style of an old Dungeons and Dragons adventure. I’m wondering if anyone would be keen to create a picture in the style of those 1980’s D&D games. The picture would be of some adventurers in a tavern doing adventurer type things.

I’m not sure what I can offer as a ‘payment’ perhaps I can make you something in return? At the least I’ll put a credit in the game and you’ll have my thanks :slight_smile:

Anyone keen?

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Bryn.

[attachment=1]journeycover.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Cover.jpg[/attachment]

I’ll see what I can dig up - I have a few images floating around on my hard drive :slight_smile:

Thanks Matt :slight_smile:

does it have to be copyright free/original art ?

That would be ideal yeah.

Otherwise I’ll ask the artist if they’d mind me using it.

I might be able to help as I am a freelance artist (part-time) and I have a Graphic artist as a friend who can do all the computer wizadry to make he thing look flash as. 8)

Question, when do you need it by? :unamused:

At the moment it’s not a priority, I may look at publishing the game after I’ve ironed out a few of the bugs.

I’ll be in touch.

Cheers,

Bryn.

There’s a filter floating around out there than can do a fairly decent render of a photo to a painting. I mention this as I know I was involved with a photoshoot at an “Inn” quite a few years ago and the images were never used. I have a few copies lurking around somewhere so I’ll dig them out and see if I can find the filter. Getting permission from the photographer who took them should be fine too.

I have one photo that might work out ok that I took, but it’s not wonderful.

Thanks very much for that Scotty.

I’m probably not going to do any more work on this at the moment, but when I do I’ll be in touch.

Thanks again :slight_smile: