The health and safety of our convention attendees is of prime concern and we are taking the following measures to ensure that everyone that attends will be safe.

  • If you have any cold or flu-like symptoms prior to the convention, do not come to the convention. All attendance fees will be refunded in full.
  • If you have had any contact with any other person who has had a confirmed diagnosis for Covid-19 in the last two weeks, do not come to the convention. Again all attendance fees will be refunded in full.
  • There will be hand sanitizer available at the convention. Please use it.
  • During the course of the convention, please avoid all unnecessary physical contact with other attendees.
  • As per the Department of Health guidelines, please wash your hands for 20-40 seconds, avoid touching your face with your hands and sneeze or cough into your elbow (not hands) if sneezing or coughing are necessary.
  • All plates, cutlery, and drinking vessels at the convention will be disposable. Please ensure you do not leave any of these lying around after meals, and please put them into the rubbish bins provided.

In light of the government statements made earlier today (especially with regard to a statement later on the week on smaller gatherings), we may have further announcements at a a later date.




Due to the rapidly changing and developing situation with regard to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), and in particular the case that was diagnosed in Dunedin today, the Cerberus organising committee in conjunction with NZLARPS South Island have made the difficult, but we think necessary, decision to postpone Cerberus 2020 until the situation has stabilised.

We realise it is only two weeks until the convention, but we felt we have waited as long as we can before making this decision. The committee has been approached by more than one attendee asking about health concerns, and that, coupled with the already borderline attendance figures, meant that if a few people decided to stay away rather than risk illness - a decision we would fully support - then the convention would not be able to be run effectively.

All attendance fees that have already been paid will be refunded in full. In addition we also realise that because it is so close to the date of the convention, a lot of you will have made financial commitments, especially in relation to travel and possibly accommodation outside of the convention. We urge you to please contact us at, and we will make every effort to reimburse you for these costs.

We still plan on holding the convention! At this stage - subject to confirmation - we are looking at dates in late September or early October. When that date is announced we will be re-opening player registrations. When that happens, anyone who was allocated into games for the March Cerberus and wishes to stay in some, or all, of those games will be re-allocated into those games as a first preference. If you want to change your game, you will be able to do that too!

If you have any queries at all, please do get in touch with us either by replying to this message or emailing us on

Thank you for your interest in the convention, and above all - stay healthy!