Announcement of NZLARPS Wellington AGM, October 15th

Hi everyone,
This is to announce the upcoming AGM for the Wellington branch of NZLARPS.

Meeting Time and Location
Wednesday, October 15th, 2014, at 7:30 p.m. (The National AGM is at 7 p.m., so come along and support your national body). Venue TBC.

We’d love to have as many Wellington members along as we can get/cram into our venue - quorum is always nice to have, and it gives us a clearer indication of the thoughts of our members.

Agenda

• Review minutes of previous AGM.
  • Reports from current committee members.
  • Voting on committee members for 2015.
  • Any matters arising - please post below if you have a topic you want discussed.

Nominations
We are currently accepting nominations of Wellington members - nominate yourself, or someone else! (A nomination needs to be accepted by the nominee, though.)

We encourage all NZLARPS members to consider standing for one of the positions on the committee:

• Regional Director
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
  • Marketing Officer
  • Gear Officer
  • General Officer (x2)

You can be nominated by others, and you can also self-nominate. Use this thread to register nominations. NB: You can stand for multiple positions if you wish (and pull out of subsequent elections once you secure a position).

If you’re thinking about joining the committee then read this topic, which outlines the responsibilities of each position.
diatribe.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=9131

Deadlines

Because of requirements surrounding online voting, all nominations and business must be posted below no later than Tuesday, September 30th, 2014 (11:59 p.m.).

So, go to it! Use this thread to nominate, second, accept, or suggest business for the agenda.

I nominate Scott Kelly for regional director.

I nominate Anthony Doornebosch for regional treasurer.

I nominate Russ kale for regional secretary.

I nominate Mel Duncan for regional gear officer.

[quote=“IdiotSavant”]I nominate Scott Kelly for regional director.

I nominate Anthony Doornebosch for regional treasurer.

I nominate Russ kale for regional secretary.

I nominate Mel Duncan for regional gear officer.[/quote]

Seconded all of the above

And, in case it wasn’t already on the agenda:

I move that there be two general officers.

I’d like to put on the Agenda Gear Storage.

1. Alternative Arrangements
  2. Fundraising for such arrangements
  3. Reusability and storage of excess and sometimes unnecessary gear
  4. Storage of soft goods, (pillows etc)

I accept the nomination for secretary, and have updated the agenda to reflect the requests. Agenda will be posted before the end of the month, and amended as needed.

Deadline on Tuesday, and half the committee posts still have no candidates. So…

I nominate Thomas Joychild as General Officer

I nominate Bryn Jones as General Officer.

I accept the nomination for RD.

I’ll accept the nomination for General Officer

seconding the motion that there be two general officers

I nominate myself for marketing officer.

Seconding the nominations of Bryn Jones and Thomas Joychild as General Officers, and Idiot Savant as Marketing Officer.

Do motions to add things to the agenda require seconding, or is it only at the meeting when motions are proposed that seconding is required for those matters?

Agenda items aren’t required to be seconded. They are just discussion points, brought up during the meeting.

Anything that requires voting, are Motions, that need to be seconded, voting on such motions would occur as part of the meeting.

Would second this if I could. Have worked with Malcolm on the marketing side of things for the last year and his work has been excellent.

I second Idiot for marketing.
I accept nomination for gear (sigh)

I can take on the role of General Officer, however if someone else wants the role I’d happily step aside. I don’t think I was particularly useful in this role last year!

I accept nom as treasurer

LOLz /sympathise

Nominations for Wellington regional positions:

Regional director: Scott Kelly (nom. Idiot, sec. Chris), no confidence.
Regional treasurer: Anthony Doornesbosch (nom. Idiot, sec. Chris), no confidence.
Regional secretary: Russ Kale (nom. Idiot, sec. Chris), no confidence.
Regional gear officer: Mel Duncan (nom. Idiot, sec. Chris), no confidence.
Regional marketing officer: Idiot Savant (nom. Idiot, sec. Russ), no confidence.
General officer: Bryn Jones (nom. Idiot, sec. Russ), Thomas Joychild (nom. Idiot, sec. Russ), no confidence.

Agenda:

• Review of previous minutes
  • Reporting of accounts
  • Reporting from outgoing committee
  • Election of new committee
  • Motion to appoint two general officers for the regional committee
  • Discussion of gear storage, looking for a long-term solution