33AR 2: Red Letter Day 05-04-2013

[size=200]33AR 2: Red Letter Day[/size]

[size=150]When:[/size]
From April 5th at 7pm (arrive on site any time from 4pm)
Until April 7th at 3pm.

[size=150]Where:[/size]
Brookfield Scout Camp

[size=150]Cost:[/size] (includes food and accommodation)
Players: $120
NZLARPS members discount: $5
Prepay before 1 February discount: $5
(discounts stack)

Crew: $50 (no discounts)

[size=150]Registration[/size]
Please register for this session if you are planning on attending, so that we know you’ll be there and a few other details that are important.

[size=150]Scenario[/size]

[quote][i]Six months ago, you were evacuated to Skye and by hook and crook you made the camp into something like a home. Not all of you have stayed there, but you’ve all been drawn back for the next few days. It’s the Queen’s official birthday, and she’s celebrating it in style on Skye.

The festivities will last much of the weekend and you’ve heard that there may be more than one happy event taking place. A wedding of some significant size may be on the cards, and Victoria is all too happy to share her special day with the happy couple and their friends and family.

Things have even been going better in the war lately. The hordes haven’t been able to advance much past London, the East India Company’s taken back enough good land in Asia to grow a little more food and loosen rationing everywhere a bit. Skye itself has been essentially demon-free since the much-celebrated death of the Dread Prince Surt, with nary a white-robed figure in sight.

Things are looking up, but nobody can entirely ignore the little voice in the back of their mind, reminding them that this Queen’s Birthday may yet be a Red Letter Day for more reasons than the calendar ink’s colour…

Come one, come all to the second session of Wellington’s foremost (and admittedly only) Steampunk, Post-Demon-Apocalyptic Horror Fantasy/Sci-Fi LARP Campaign.

…It’s the end of the world, what ELSE are you going to be doing?[/i][/quote]

[size=150]Notes:[/size]
[ul][li]There will be a ball, which you are welcome to attend and dance, although are not required to. If you feel so inclined, you are welcome to pack a costume specifically for the ball. Please wear practical footwear regardless.[/li][/ul]

Hmmm. I wonder if my budget would allow me to visit Wellington for a weekend next year …

Be great to see you here, if you want character connections let me know.

Do it! We’d love to get some Aucklanders involved.

“Oh, a ball! I love a ball!” to quote from the BBC’s P&P

It does sound like fun. :slight_smile: No promises at this stage though.

[quote=“theotherphoenix”]“Oh, a ball! I love a ball!” to quote from the BBC’s P&P

It does sound like fun. :slight_smile: No promises at this stage though.[/quote]

Come! Come!

[quote=“sophmelc”][quote=“theotherphoenix”]“Oh, a ball! I love a ball!” to quote from the BBC’s P&P

It does sound like fun. :slight_smile: No promises at this stage though.[/quote]

Come! Come![/quote]
Yup the more the merrier!

A ball and a wedding! This is going to be all sorts of fun. :smiley:

Time to find out what real gypsy bling is…

Be great to see you here, if you want character connections let me know.[/quote]

Yeah, this. :slight_smile:

samesies, hitching down. i just use my university money for LARPs. that’s how i roll.

[quote=“sophmelc”][quote=“theotherphoenix”]“Oh, a ball! I love a ball!” to quote from the BBC’s P&P

Come! Come![/quote]
Come to the Sabbat!

Anyone else remember Timberjack’s cover of Black Widow’s “Come to the Sabbat” that got a Loxene Golden Disc back in 1971 ?
Or am I the only person round here that old?

[quote=“Adrexia”]A ball and a wedding! This is going to be all sorts of fun. :smiley:

Time to find out what real gypsy bling is…[/quote]

Does this mean you’re going to be watching “Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” for inspiration?

[quote=“mundens”][quote=“Adrexia”]A ball and a wedding! This is going to be all sorts of fun. :smiley:

Time to find out what real gypsy bling is…[/quote]

Does this mean you’re going to be watching “Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” for inspiration?[/quote]

No.

airnewzealand.co.nz/night-rider

Cheap flights at obnoxious times! And we can probably find you couches to sleep on for the remainder of the night…

this is awesomesauce ^^^

These flights are making me keen to come down and even crew, I’ll be honest.

Please do. We demons need reinforcements!

Please do. We demons need reinforcements![/quote]

This. We go through Fluffys so fast. :smiling_imp:

What he said :slight_smile:

What he said :slight_smile:[/quote]
Be great if people wanted to head down. I’m sure we can sort out places for people to crash the night before and airport pick ups etc.