13 Angry Men With Guns - Game Info

Mesquite, New Mexico 1894 - a small frontier town plagued by hostile Indians, haunted canyons and trigger-happy outlaws. So why do people head to Mesquite? Gold, of course. Or at least they did before the mines dried up. Now tensions are rising and the local law has more than the usual amounts of feuds and duels at high-noon to contend with. Will you beat the odds and make a name for yourself in Mesquite? Or will you be the next addition to the Little White Chapel’s cemetery?

A Western LARP written by Matt Swain and Jacqueline Brasfield.

The characters available are:

Code: (M)ale, (F)emale, (E)ither

[ul][li]Priscilla MacIntosh (F) - Greenhorn traveller from Back East. Wife of Angus MacIntosh. Naive, Idealistic.[/li]
[li]Charles Taylor (M) - A Pinkerton. Dedicated, Aggressive.[/li]
[li]Angus “Gus” MacIntosh (M) - Prospector and husband of Priscilla MacIntosh. Desperate, Charismatic.[/li]
[li]“Quiet” Ike Colby (M) - New in town. Helping out around the place. Secretive, Helpful.[/li]
[li]Hank Jones (M) - The Sheriff. Honest, Tough.[/li]
[li]Sam Garrett (E) - Deputy. Crooked, Friendly.[/li]
[li]Sally Henderson (F) - Saloon girl. Tougher than she looks. Sassy, Friendly.[/li]
[li]The Reverend Jeremiah Greene (M) - A spitfire and brimstone preacher. Righteous, Driven.[/li]
[li]The Widow Darlington (F) - Looks after a farmstead just out of town. Tough, Independant.[/li]
[li]Jo Cheveyo (E) - Half-Indian. Looking for a place in the world. Loner, Misunderstood.[/li]
[li]Gabriel Green (M) - Texas Ranger. Deadly, Experienced.[/li]
[li]“Lucky” Frank Maverick (M) - Leader of an outlaw gang. Has a reputation for escaping certain death. Tough, Ruthless.[/li]
[li]Tough Tess (F) - Second in command of Maverick’s gang. Spunky, Aggressive.[/li]
[li]Black Crow Walking (E) - Indian with mysterious powers. Wise, Weird.[/li][/ul]

The game is aimed at new and experienced roleplayers alike. Costumes are “typical” Wild West - cowboys, indians, grizzled prospectors, school marms, and so on. Weapons will be provided. This is a game where violence can break out, but is not required. Combat is swift and brutal.

The tone of the game is serious fun - Fistful of Dollars, El Dorado, Rio Bravo - think Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and company. It’s not going to be Blazing Saddles, but neither is it going to be The Quick and the Dead.

Any questions, please feel free to post them here or email us on 13AngryMen.rpg@gmail.com! (capital letters not required)

Weeeeeee! Want!

I’m actually really looking forward to this one!

Gonna have to watch some Clint Eastwood for costume ideas and swagger once I’m cast! =)

:smiley: Looking forward to running it!

Jackie and I both HIGHLY recommend the 1966 “El Dorado” (there have been a bunch of El Dorado’s made, make sure you get the right one) for the tone of this game, and an excellent movie besides :slight_smile:

Yup yup! It’s a fantastic film - one thing I’m sure that makes it awesome is that the screenwriter is the same woman who was the screenwriter for The Empire Strikes Back!

Other great Westerns include: Tombstone, Pale Rider, Grim Prairie Tales, True Grit (either version) …

Initial contact emails have been sent out - character questionnaire to come shortly!

:smiley:

Just looking at our player list, it’s gonna be an amazing game. We hope to do you players justice! :smiley:

PLAYER LIST

Antonia Brown
Beth Strom
Elizabeth Read
Hannah McKie
Anthony Doornebosch
Bryn Jones
Derek Tomes
James Cooper
Jordan Henare
Kirk Jacinto
Idiot
Reuben Strom
Robert Shaw
Yahn Darkwood

Player questionnaires have been sent out :smiley:

Whatever inspires you is a “good Western”!

We’ll hope to get casting done ASAP so we can give you your character assignment and enough details to help you get started costuming.

Further to the above, here’s our planned ‘communications schedule’ so players know what to expect when.

• Casting will be done as soon as humanly possible once all players have submitted their questionnaire (so please get them in to us ASAP)
  • Once we’ve locked everyone into their roles, we’ll be sending you a short character blurb with enough detail to help you plan costuming/IC relationships
  • Your final sheet will be sent to you two weeks prior to Chimera so you can get familiar with your full backstory and game mechanics

Very much looking forward to seeing what you all bring to the game!

Please don’t hestiate to email us with any questions you may have.

Thanks to all the players who have responded so far! We’re only waiting on a couple more players and then we’ll be able to cast. Another email has been sent out to all the players - if you did not receive it, post here and we’ll try and sort it out for you.

Thanks!

And we’ve now heard from all our players! Thanks guys and gals, we’ll finish off the casting as soon as we can (Jackie is busy doing some play or other, I hear :stuck_out_tongue: ) and get short characters synopses out to you!

Thank you!

Also a teensy bit busy getting married too!

[quote=“Viperion”]And we’ve now heard from all our players! Thanks guys and gals, we’ll finish off the casting as soon as we can (Jackie is busy doing some play or other, I hear :stuck_out_tongue: ) and get short characters synopses out to you!

Thank you![/quote]Huzzah! Can’t wait :slight_smile:

[quote=“amphigori”]Also a teensy bit busy getting married too![/quote]Have fun with that :slight_smile:

The game has been cast!

The cast is:

Antonia Brown: “Tough” Tess
Beth Strom: Sally Henderson
Elizabeth Read: Priscilla MacIntosh
Hannah McKie: The Widow Darlington
Anthony Doornebosch: “Quiet” Ike Colby
Bryn Jones: Black Crow Walking
Derek Tomes: “Lucky” Frank Maverick
James Cooper: Jo Cheveyo
Jordan Henare: Gabriel Green, Texas Ranger
Kirk Jacinto: Charles Taylor, Pinkerton
Idiot: Deputy Sam Garrett
Reuben Strom: Angus “Gus” MacIntosh, prospector
Robert Shaw: Reverend Jeremiah Greene
Yahn Darkwood: Sheriff Hank Jones

This casting is more-or-less set in stone, but if there are any serious objections we will consider changing it :slight_smile:

Casting emails have been sent out with an intial blurb about your character - if you did not receive the email, please let us know ASAP!

Thank you to all our players :smiley:

Matt and Jacqueline

A note to all players: Guns will be provided by the GM’s, no need to bring your own :slight_smile:

Very much looking forward to seeing you guys bring these roles to life. We really think you’ll enjoy what we’ve chosen for you. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“amphigori”]Very much looking forward to seeing you guys bring these roles to life. We really think you’ll enjoy what we’ve chosen for you. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]I think you’re right. I certainly like the character I’ve been given :slight_smile:

But speaking of which, anyone have any suggestions on how to source appropriate costuming for this? I don’t think I really have anything at home, and I’m not really sure where to go to get something. I was kinda thinking I’d go to First Scene and hire something for it, since I figure they’re bound to have something appropriate.

Awesome, glad to hear it :slight_smile: (Yours was one of the castings I was quietly worried about :wink: )

As for costume, I agree with you that a costume hire place would probably be your best bet, although you could definitely get away with mostly typical Wild West townsfolk get up (which is to say trousers, shirt, hat) with a few stereotypically Indian accessories. This is a game - costume-wise anyway - about the cliches :slight_smile: