Western LARP Oct 22

Hi all

re French Larper coming to NZ

To cut a long topic short: there’s an experienced LARPer coming from France who has offered to run a LARP for us

Genre: Western

Story: Life and history of a small cowboy town (La Hood) and its small mexican neighbourgh village (Paso del Loco). Those 2 towns are divided by the border and located in New Mexico. It is a full fiction that has nothing to do with any historical characters or event. The action originally took place in 1868. On the American side, we’re a few years after the Civil War; on the Mexican side it is the Juarez’s Mexican Revolution .
Families in conflict for a piece of land, cattle stolen, saloon gambling, mercenaries to hire, former confederate soldiers looking for the CS treasure… All this happen or can happen like being shot down or taken into a gunfight in a dark street at night… The raw West is living action in this game but with a lot of respect, security and fun, fun, fun!

Date: Oct 22 (Sat, Labour Weekend)
Time: Will start early (9-9:30am) and finish by 6pm to allow for "Tides of Change"
Numbers: 18 characters (room for more if there’s lots of interest)
Venue: TBA
Cost: TBA

I’m doing the Auckland side organising, but don’t know the game, so hopefully Karuna will answer such things. Am willing to accept help organising, having not run a game through NZLARPS before.

Please register interest below :slight_smile:
Cheers
Anna

keen

Sounds exciting!
Im Keen! :slight_smile:

Very keen, I’d love the chance to actually play in a western this time, such a cool genre.

I’m in!

Grace Brock sounds nice - I’ll take her if she’s available. I’m -sure- I can be adorable.

Ahem. :smiley:

Did we get enough sign-ups for this for it to go ahead? If so, any idea when we’ll get cast so we can begin costuming?

Also, what venue is being considered. Someone just alerted me to this place: fastdrawclub.blogspot.com/

A wild-west saloon! :smiley:

Thanks for the tip - I’m trying to get in contact with them now.

Karuna is currently couchsurfing with me - it all sounds very cool, and we’ll be getting char blurbs out soon for people to grab. Sounds like Wellington’s game doesn’t have many players yet - anyone from there who wants to join us for Labour weekend is welcome.

I need to get my ass into gear (I’ve been busy at work) and get this done through the correct NZLARP channels etc. I’m also sticking an event of Facebook, but this is where we’ll do the detail. Admin help is most welcome, if anyone knows the scene?

See y’all there!
Cheers
Anna

Wellington’s run was cancelled due to lack of players; while people liked the idea of a Western larp, they balked at 10 hours. We’re just not used to that style or length of game down here yet.

Well, feel free to join us in Auckland - we’ll see if we can improve the levels of stamina :smiley:

Hey Anna, I’ve dropped you a PM about helping with the NZLARPS project process.

Thanks Ryan - I’ll get onto that :smiley:

Sounds fun. I’d love to be in it, any idea what part of Auckland it is likely to be in?

interested.

totally keen >.<

Cool, I’m in. Characters pre-made, I assume? Do we get a list and choose what we want, fighting for the ones with prettiest dresses, or do we fill a questionnaire?

I will be fighting you for the prettiest!!! :slight_smile:

I am keen :slight_smile:

That one of the saturdays I’m not working, so I’m in :slight_smile:

Yep - pre made characters. I’ve asked Karuna what he thinks is the best way to distribute characters, but have yet to get a solid plan… all I know is that he and me are the servants :laughing: … Will get onto it ASAP

Not sure yet where - am trying to contact the fast draw club about their saloon - but need a place with space, pref in and out doors, and that will allow a BBQ. Atmosphere would be ideal, suggestions invited. I’m looking into options around horses, but we (me and horses) have a bad track record and one of them might end up on the BBQ… 8)

Keen :slight_smile: