Western LARP Oct 22

Probably not going to work for this one, but did you know about Lakes Ranch (yes horses) in Rotorua? They have good cheap accomodation for around 80 people and great swimming pools on site as well as kayak lake etc. Really good place to have a Larping weekend, and heaps of room. They have a lot of school camps there. Bus trip some time?
lakesranch.org.nz/
lakesranch.org.nz/home/accomodation/

I’m gun curious. How is combat resolved in a western genre game?

Ha ha - I’ll let Karuna answer that one…
:wink:
AC

Karuna, are we any closer to getting our casting information?

I don’t own a stitch of Western clothing and will need to sew my outfit, so the more prep time I have the better.

[quote=“amphigori”]Karuna, are we any closer to getting our casting information?

I don’t own a stitch of Western clothing and will need to sew my outfit, so the more prep time I have the better.

Same here!

Yep - we’re onto it… Can’t have ladies with no clothes…

I am not sure you and I are on the same page…

I am not sure you and I are on the same page…[/quote]
hee hee

Hi there,

sorry for not answering before, but i was busy geting drunk and watching rugby ^^

gunfight rules are simple: either it’s a duel and special resolution is handled by me, either it’s a gunfight, and you have to announce who you are shooting at. it’s allbased on fair play. If Anna is firing at me from behind, within 10 meter range and says “Karuna, left arm” then i know i’v been hit in the left arm. What I love to do is shoot wildly and announce “chair, wall, wall, Anna’s hat” and then jump to safety :slight_smile:

there hasn’t been a lot of gunfight at the previous verion of this game, but everything is possible

about costumes and roles

• tell Anna wha you’d like to play, we’d do our best to match your wishes

• costumes: lady have the choice of classical robes and the like, you can even try to show off with dress "coming from Paris or Boston"
    the gala is supposed to be a big social event (well for a place like La Hood city)

men you can be in formal black & white, or more classical cowboy

we have one priest

OK all…
Ladies: can you please PM me and say if you have any issues playing the following character backgrounds:

1. Prostitutes
  2. Lost children
  3. Rape victims
  4. Morally compromised (“evil”) characters

Not that anyone will be, of course… :wink:

Menfolk: do any of you have a problem with playing morally compromised (“evil”) characters or religious types?

We’ll sort your characters out from there.

We have 8 female characters and 12 male, but 3 of them can be feminised, if necessary. First in first served - Karuna wants a full compliment, or else we have to fill the gaps as NPC’s, and that’s not ideal.

I am working on a few leads for venues, and hope to have one confirmed by next week. I’m also looking at keeping it inside Auckland transport areas and costs down, to make the game as accessible as possible :slight_smile:

Looking forward to it!
AC

PS - also tell me if you have any issues with being gay/lesbian :smiley:

…in the game, I mean… I’m not a psychotherapist… :confused:

Yay! I finally have a venue! In Ponsonby. I’ll try to get costs sorted by tonight, and start dishing characters by Sunday (after Witch House)
Sorry for delays - I’m seriously busy - but this is still moving :smiley:
Cheers
Anna

OK - game for 18 people (might be able to add a few more)
Leys Institute Ponsonby
9am-6pm Sat 22 Oct
Includes BBQ lunch

$20 per head (no NPC’s)

Characters coming ASAP - first in, first served :smiley:

See y’all there!
AC

Hi Anna, I’ll be there too !

Do you need any help for the LARP organisation ?

Thanks for the offer - do you have any experience with the NZLARPS process? I’m allergic to forms, and I broke Ryan’s spreadsheet :unamused: , but I would like to do things properly
Cheers
Anna

Well Actually I have NO experience in NZLARPs, but organised a LARP back in France and around 40 murder parties. I’m not working at the moment so if you need hands, I can provide two… :slight_smile:

[quote=“annac”]Thanks for the offer - do you have any experience with the NZLARPS process? I’m allergic to forms, and I broke Ryan’s spreadsheet :unamused: , but I would like to do things properly
Cheers
Anna[/quote]

Hey Anna - I can help you with the nzlarps forms, send me an email or a PM :slight_smile:

So down.

Where to pay? NZLARPS account?