Waikato University Clubs Day

Hi all,
Are there people out there who are keen to come down/along to the Waikato Uni on the 4th of March for the Waikato University Clubs open day next week :question:

While Knightshade isn’t associated with the Uni in any particular way, it is a good opportunity to attract new larpers.
(Not to mention Universities seem to breed larpers in higher concentrations than the general public, I mean thats where I started!)

I’m looking to find someone to bring the Golem suit down for the purpose and wonder if there is any interest both in Hamilton and outside of Hamilton (i.e. Auckland) to come along to promote larp, both in Hamilton and out of Hamilton.

If I can get enough interest and the golem suit down here I’ll take the day off work, put on some costume and wander the uni with a golem in tow handing out flyers and challenging the more interested folk to larp battle with the Golem.

Anyone interested?

Jared

No one keen for a mid week road trip?

Hopefully Dave and the Golem suit will be making an appearance so if anyone wishes to tag along put your hand up now!

Damn bots are everywhere. :unamused:

On the up side, University Clubs day was a somewhat epic event. The day turned on the sunshine, the music pumped loudly and there I was, a healthy stack of gear in front of my stand, myself kitted out as some sort of grim reaper.
Fights were fought, flyers were handed out and under his black robes, armour and mask, and yes I did sweat a lot. I even entered a general melee of people scrambling for free V 600ml cans. My total was 5 cans, I wasn’t greedy but some managed dozens. Ahh uni students. Those were the days.

I even think some people were interested in LARP. A lot of people stopped to look at my table/stand, at the posters and at the photos I was displaying. Everyone who took a flyer stopped and read it. (Again thanks to Judit). 8)

Clubs day was well organised and very very busy, next time I’m getting an area set aside, not just a table beside a walk way (live combat was very limited!). And next time hopefully I will have some more volunteers… if anyone can take the day off and come down for this event, theres a market for LARP at Uni. To be honest I wish I had more help on hand as I think I missed a few interested people going by. One man in a skull mask can hardly deal with them all! :open_mouth:

Next time I WILL get the Golem suit down here! :stuck_out_tongue:

Also many thanks to my friend Jason, who helped me out last minute by taking the day off, I couldn’t have done this without him. He wasn’t complaining though, he spent the day watching the many many attractive Uni students, the dirty old perve he is! :smiling_imp: