PSA: Where to find a defibrillator near your larp

firstaid
safety
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f24634c6100> #<Tag:0x00007f24634c5f48>

In the backstage version of her to-do list post, Mel asked whether NZLARPS needed to look at getting a portable defibrillator:

Do we want a portable defibrillator? I’m told by people who know these things that minutes count in situations where they are applicable, and I can’t remember the last time I went to a larp weekend closer than 20 minutes to an ambulance station:

The following posts have been moved from that discussion. TL;DR: there’s a site which will tell you where the nearest one is.

FYI: the Red Cross rents out the Powerheart G3 for a Weekly Rental of $150+GST

Some venues have them as well. We should at least assemble information on which venues have them on-site, and regions can then assess the economic case for buying or renting to cover any gaps.

Here’s a map: https://aedlocations.co.nz/

There’s also a phone app that will locate the closest, but that won’t help in some more remote locations.

Useful. So for Wellington, there’s one at Brookfields, one at Brooklyn Community Centre, and one over the road from Petone Community House. Vogelmorn Hall is the only regular venue which lacks one.

Well that’s a worry largely gone for Wellington. Yay!

Looks like there’s one two minutes sprint down the road from the Musketeers venue, and a bunch at Piha for Saga (though I don’t know the area to know spread out Piha is).

A post was merged into an existing topic: TO DO LIST 2017: Input Please! (Yes Regional Input please!)