Ongoing updates

Thanks Ryan!

The Contact Us page will probably need to be updated again in the next week. I’m chasing Craig to get the redirects for Auckland sorted, as well as some extra ones created. Details that will need to be added are

Hamilton
Representative - Jared Hansen*
(hamilton@nzlarps.org)

Wellington
Director - Jackie Brasfield
(wellington@nzlarps.org)
Secretary - Naomi Guyer
(wellington.secretary@nzlarps.org)
Treasurer - Anthony Doornesbosch
(wellington.treasurer@nzlarps.org)
Marketing - Bryn Jones
(wellington.marketing@nzlarps.org)
Gear - Scott Kelly
(wellington.gear@nzlarps.org)

• Since Hamilton is not its own regional branch (and nor has it expressed a desire to be) Jared has been acting as an unofficial representative of larp in the area, being the dude wot runs the only larp in those parts. He has said he is happy to have Hamilton larp related queries be directed at him.

I’ve added those details to the contacts page.

nzlarps.org/contact.php

Diatribe could do with a tidy-up in relation to its management.

The Announcements forum is not used, and could be removed. The one post in there is kind of annoying, and the subject matter is now covered in the Welcome to Diatribe post. Or perhaps the Announcements forum could be kept, the one post in it deleted, and the Welcome to Diatribe post moved up into it?

The Welcome to Diatribe topic says that Diatribe is managed by Craig and that questions should go to Ayesha - these points may not be accurate any more. It also says that members of NZLARPS “receive a quarterly larp magazine called Immersion”. It could possibly also link more directly to how to join NZLARPS. And possibly the post shouldn’t be from Ayesha, if that account isn’t being used now?

I can see the “Teonn Backstage” category under my normal login, which doesn’t seem right, and I imagine that means everyone who is logged in can see it. I can’t see any of the forums under it.

Yep, that’s my fault. I’m still working on fixing it, I have only the flimsiest grasp of how the back end of Diatribe works. I’m still not sure how to make people see the back end without having it show up for people who don’t. Incidently, I just realised you aren’t able to see the national forum, where a bunch of the people who have access to the Wellington forum can see - is that right?

That’s right, I can only see this web maintenance forum under my login (me and Craig can see it as the two members of the web-helper group). The branch committee members (and Hamilton rep) should be able to see their local branch forum, the national forum, and this web maintenance forum. The national committee members should be able to see all the society forums.

See the other thread on the subject in this forum, it describes the setup I’ve done. I also asked you there whether you’d like me to move the Auckland-specific posts in the national forum into the Auckland forum. I can also fix the Teonn backstage category if you like. My understanding at the moment is that I should check stuff with you first, but if you’d prefer me to take the initiative and go ahead with maintenance when I see it, just say.

Please go ahead with maintennance as you see fit :slight_smile:

10-4

The Teonn category is fixed. I made groups and assigned the forum permissions to them, and removed the individual user permissions. Yell out if anything’s broke.

I’ve started moving Auckland-specific committee subjects to the appropriate forum. Scanned through the first 50 subjects so far, another 250 to go. But there’s no hurry on those I imagine, they’ll mostly be old financial forecasts and discussions about gear. Borderline stuff I’m leaving in National.

I’ll continue with tidying as DiatribeAdmin, but won’t be checking the PMs. If there are PM requests for things to be done and you don’t have time, feel free to post them in this forum or PM me and I’ll do them as time allows.

I’ve finishing moving Auckland society topics to the NZLARPS Auckland forum. What a weird trip down memory lane. Hopefully that will jump-start the Auckland committee to start using the appropriate forum for Auckland business. :wink:

Have done Welcome and Announcements as I suggested above somewhere. Also tidied some other forums.

I noticed that the Wellington committee group didn’t include Anthony or Naomi. I figured out that Anthony’s username is “Ants” and added him, so he should be able to see the Wellington forum and this forum now. Hi Anthony, if you’re reading this.

I don’t know if Naomi has a Diatribe account. Does she, and what is the username?

I’ve asked Craig to prioritise doing the email address update for the Treasurer address. He also has the list of all the others that are going to be updated to gmail accounts, and will get to them.

Thanks, Ryan. I believe Naomi’s online handle is “Adrexia” and she is registered here.

Next time you are doing maintennance, the backstage forum “The Hera” can also be moved to backstage archive.

Oh good, Adrexia already has access to NZLARPS Wellington as a member of the helper group, but I’ll move her to the committee group so she has access to the national forum and this one too. So that means all the Wellington committee can see their forum now.

Will move the Hera too.

Craig has set up all the new email addresses.

All the redirects have been removed, apart from those that go to Anna’s gmail addresses (president, chimera) and to the Wellington director. We may want to look at making these work the same way as the new ones, using POP rather than redirect.

I’m working on hooking up everyone with the new gmail addresses.

I’ll let everyone know how to access the new addresses once they’re all set up. In the meantime because the redirects have been removed, don’t expect any new emails.

I’ve finished setting up the Gmail addresses, and posted instructions for their use in the National forum where all national and regional committee members should be able to see them.

Thank you Ryan, I don’t know how you keep it all straight :smiley: Diatribe is looking all spring cleaned and amazing!

I’m really sorry to nitpick, but could we have poll creation rights restored on the committee forums? We need to be able to have polls for online voting :slight_smile:

Good point, I hadn’t been consistent with poll permissions.

Fixed now.

Now committee members should be able to create polls and vote in them in the appropriate forums. National committee members can create & vote in the National forum, regional members can create & vote in their region’s forum.

Note that regional committee members will not be able to vote in polls on the National forum (unless they are also members of the national committee), and national committee members will not be able to vote in polls on regional forums (unless they are members of the regional branch). The idea here is to allow the online votes to be a binding vote by only allowing the elected committee members for each entity to vote. The Hamilton representative and Wellington helpers cannot vote in any committee forum.

Let me know of any issues. The forum software is powerful but there are a lot of options, so mistakes are unfortunately too easy to make.

I’ve removed St Wolfgang’s from the banner ad rotation.

The rotation now consists of:
Knightshade
Zombielarp
Multiverse
Freeform Games
Amazon
Star Wars
Paddywhack

Here are some things it might be nice to have banners for:
Chimera
Teonn
Jade Empire
Chrono Continuum
Nightmare Circle
Serenity
Any of the regular White Wolf games

General banners for a campaign are preferable to banner for a specific event, because they don’t have to be changed after the event. But we can do event banners if desired.

Should we have a regional forum for Tauranga? It has a larger population than Dunedin. I’ve heard mention that there may be some larp in the area, but can’t recall the details - I think SlackerJ is from there so might know more.

I wonder if people who are currently flying under the radar would feel encouraged to post if there was a forum for their region?