Ongoing updates

Post any suggestions for ongoing changes here. Websites that change regularly are more likely to get visited regularly, so changes are a good thing.

Here are some thoughts:

1. List Stargate as a project
  2. There’s a typo on the Membership page, paying by cheque, “yuor”.
  3. Maybe the Contact Us page should have a section about the NZLARPS forum. Seems like the ideal place for a discussion with the society/community

Some more thoughts on updates to the website:

• Pirate larp is coming up soon, would be good to advertise it. I’ve advised Lucy to get a page on the NZLARPS site.

• AMERICA is now an affiliate, would be good to list that.

• Hasn’t Skimirsh become an affiliate too?

• A list of equipment that’s available to projects and possibly associates would be nice - especially major generic items like the generator, coinage, etc. Photos and descriptions would be a bonus to make this stuff more concrete.

Anything else that’s changed? Warhammer can probably be removed as a future project, until whatever-it-is becomes something.

Silence will be taken as assent, and I’ll just update the NZLARPS site as I see fit. :wink:

There’s nothing worse than an out-of-date website.

Sorry, I’ve been so busy the last few days I haven’t even touched Diatribe. That’s pretty busy for me.

Yes I’d be thrilled if you updated the site with that stuff. Definately need to get the “Warhammer” name off, and AMERICA should be listed as an afil. Best site to link to for them is theamericaclub.net.nz/

I’ve made the updates and put them at nzlarps.org/new - let me know if it looks okay to go live.

I’ve also added some code to sort projects and affiliates alphabetically.

Looks great!

To keep things consistent the AMERICA banner should open in a new window when clicked.

Nice going on the alphabeticising code too…

I’ll load it up.

None of the banners seem to open in new windows. Can you look at the HTML and see why?

I’ve loaded it up, and fixed the minibanner pop-up issue, and added a paragraph about the AGM on the homepage.

Y’know, Diatribe still doesn’t have any obvious hyperlinks to the NZLARPS site.

I was imagining that it would get a “Project of NZLARPS” image on it that link to nzlarps.org, but instead it got a bit of text under the title.

Maybe I’ll make up a “Project of NZLARPS” logo that can go here and on project pages / sites. And a matching “Associate of NZLARPS” logo?

Or maybe instead, or as well, it would be an idea to have an NZLARPS banner in the rotation.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]Y’know, Diatribe still doesn’t have any obvious hyperlinks to the NZLARPS site.

I was imagining that it would get a “Project of NZLARPS” image on it that link to nzlarps.org, but instead it got a bit of text under the title.

Maybe I’ll make up a “Project of NZLARPS” logo that can go here and on project pages / sites. And a matching “Associate of NZLARPS” logo?

Or maybe instead, or as well, it would be an idea to have an NZLARPS banner in the rotation.[/quote]

Craig was going to create a set link to nzlaprs.org, if I recall it was going to be in the options along the top, FAQ, SEARCH, etc.
I don’t mind where it goings, but I think there should be a perminant link between the 2 sites.

I like the updates. :smiley:

How’s that?
(hint: look under the title)

I find that wording a bit possessive, personally. Don’t want anyone to think they can’t post here because it’s the forum of some society they don’t know much about.

But the link works fine.

Agreed on the wording, nothing else was coming to mind. But I reckon that’s a suitable place to declare Diatribe a part of nzLARPS. I worry as well that we might need to have the action words “Live Action Role Playing” in a prominent place on the site.

I’d put “New Zealand Live Action Roleplaying Community” back somewhere.

Otherwise someone will get the idea this is a more specific interest group than that, and make a “community forum for everyone”. This isn’t the forum of NZLARPS, it’s a whole NZ larp community forum that happens to be a project of NZLARPS.

Personally I’d also add something like “NZ larp community” to the . It’s good for search engines.

A couple of suggestions.

1. I think we should have a link directly to the Calendar on the NZLARPS top menu.

2. In the Joining section, don’t use the little ‘NZ’ in the nzLARPS when specifying the bank account name and the cheque payable to name. People might miss out the ‘nz’.

[quote=“Steve Shipway”]A couple of suggestions.

1. I think we should have a link directly to the Calendar on the NZLARPS top menu.

2. In the Joining section, don’t use the little ‘NZ’ in the nzLARPS when specifying the bank account name and the cheque payable to name. People might miss out the ‘nz’.[/quote]

There’s nothing IN the calendar! :wink: I agree with the principal, but I think the top nav is crowded. Woujld be good ot link to the calendar somehow. I’d like to birng it out to the front of Diatribe as well, some sort of shortlist of the next few events coming up and their dates derived from the calendar data.

Will make the change you suggest to the bank account name.

I’ve made the change to the NZLARPS text on the membership page.

Speaking of the calendar, I reckon it would be best if anyone who is logged in could edit it. Or at least a list of approved people. There’s no way that one person is going to keep it up to date, that’s too much to ask.

I agree about the calendar - maybe have it so anyone logged in can add an event (and maybe edit/delete ones they personally created). Then have board moderators able to edit/delete everyone’s events. This will mean we can get things into the calendarmore easily and not have the event clash problem we came up against last committee meeting…

I’ve made up a couple of little icons for projects and affiliates to use, if they want.

I’ll put one on the Mordavia homepage.

Nice, good idea. Maybe put them on the Affilliate and Project pages so that they can download them. Maybe even embed them into the appropriate forms. Or, have a bit of cut-and-pasteable HTML available on the affilliate/project pages for people to grab.