A visit from Czech Republic

Hello,
thank you for accepting me on this forum. My name is Josef and I am larp fan from Czech Republic. I will be visiting New Zealand on Working Holiday this year. I was hoping to attend larp event or two, so I did browse this forum and NZlarps website. I´m still trying to absorb all the informantion, larping and larp organization on New Zealand seems to be little different than in Czech Rep. Could you please point out some events that should not be missed?
Lately, i have been attending larp battles mostly, but i have been to few open-world larps and scripted larps. So anything is okay, really :). Most likely I won´t bring any gear with me, do larps that let players borrow gear exist here? I will be coming in april, so I´m looking for some events in late winter or spring.
Sorry for starting a new topic, but i could not find one that would fit me perfectly.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Josef, it depends where you will be based in NZ. Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch tend to have more larps than other cities. We have a friendly community so there may be people willing to lend gear, plus larps are often not too stict on costuming.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I will arrive in Auckland first, then travel a bit. I´ll check out some events around Auckland to get grasp about it.

Hopefully you have found our website, which has further info and upcoming events - https://nzlarps.org/

1 Like

I did. It is great to have all the information in one place.