Wellington and National AGM 2013 - Details

Hi everyone,

The National and Wellington AGMs will be held on Monday 16th September, at 7pm. It will be held at Fairfax Media, 40 Boulcott Street, Wellington (Same venue as last year). I will meet people downstairs and take them up to the conference room. If requested we will have a speaker phone (number will be provided) and internet access for including Auckland, Dunedin or Hamilton in on the meeting.

We will try and cover off the Wellington AGM first and then the National AGM. The Auckland AGM is planned to run on the same evening depending on the availability of a venue.

We will need a large number of our membership there for quorum so all members are very much encouraged to come along. You can use this thread to organise carpooling and such.

Thanks
Scott

I’ll put in my apologies now; I’ll be voting by email. I’ll ask the other roleplayers around here if they wish to join and have a say/vote, I’ll let you know if any of them want to be linked in via Skype/Whatever

Cheers
Matt

For the National AGM, does casting an email or postal vote count for the purposes of quorum for the meeting?

Hi Everyone

We have everything registered with the Societies office. The date of the AGM has been set for Tuesday 22nd October.

We still NEED a Treasurer nominated and accepted, this is a critical role that we have to have on the committee, so please consider it if you can.

Thanks
Scott

Jarak - Last year email votes counted towards that number.

Thanks Scott.

In terms of Auckland attendance on Tuesday 22nd October, does anyone have access to a reasonably-sized venue (possibly your home) with internet connection, screen, and camera?

It only seems worthwhile doing a parallel Auckland meetup if we can remote in to Wellington, where the meeting will be chaired from.

Hi everyone,

So a reminder, the National and Wellington AGMs will be held on Tuesday 22nd October, at 7pm. It will be held at Fairfax Media, 40 Boulcott Street, Wellington (Same venue as last year). I will meet people downstairs and take them up to the conference room (if you need my number send me a number or a PM.

We will try and cover off the Wellington AGM first and then the National AGM.

We will need a large number of our membership there for quorum so all members are very much encouraged to come along. You can use this thread to organise carpooling and such.

If you live outside Wellington, or have another good reason for non-attendance, you may vote by email. We will be using the same email address for both National and Regional elections, so you should send two separate emails and clearly state in the subject line which each is for.

At the start of the meeting a returning officer will be voted on, they will have the responsibility to tally up the votes. The email address is: nzlarps2013agm@gmail.com

Below are the things you need to vote on for the NATIONAL AGM if voting by Email.

National President
Michelle Burt
Rowena Knill
No Confidence
Abstain

National Treasurer
James Cooper
Jospeh Outram
No Confidence
Abstain

National Secretary
Rowena Knill
Malcom Harbrow
Russ Kale
No Confidence
Abstain

National Marketing Officer
Ryan Paddy
No Confidence
Abstain

National IT Officer
Nicholas Wolfe
No Confidence
Abstain

MOTIONS
Motion 1 – Malcolm Harbrow
Motion: Section 23 is repealed and the following new section substituted:
"23. Nominations for committee
Every candidate for committee shall be proposed and seconded by two members in the manner approved by the committee."
Explanatory note:
This rephrases s23(a) to empower the committee to accept nominations in any form, removing any doubt about current online methods. It also removes s23(b), the two-month rule.

Vote Motion 1
Support (add to the constitution)
Disagree (make no change)
Abstain

Motion 2 – Rowena Knill
To insert the following into section 20
20. STRUCTURE OF NATIONAL COMMITTEE
The committee shall consist of five (5) members, comprising of a President, Treasurer, Secretary, Marketing Officer, and an Information Technology Officer. In addition to these five members, the Regional Directors for all incorporated regions shall be full members of the National Committee.
This is intended to facilitate communication between the Regional and National committees and to ensure adequate future regional representation on the National Committee.

Vote Motion 2
Abstain

Motion 3 – Rowena Knill
To insert the following into section 20
Secretary
Maintain the national membership database. Keep all club correspondence in an organised fashion. Send letters as required. Send reminders of meetings to committee members. Take minutes at meetings and distribute to committee members. Communicate decisions made by committee to members.

Vote Motion 3
Abstain

Motion 4 – Ryan Paddy
Electronic voting counting towards quorum
Explanation:
The intention of this motion is to make it easier for the society to reach quorum at its meetings, now that it is larger and more geographically spread. I think that electronic votes have already been counted towards quorum at past meetings, but this motion makes it explicit so the practice can’t be challenged.
Motion
Amend section 15 to read (new text is underlined):
Quote:
15. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING QUORUM
At all Annual General Meetings thirty (30) per cent of the total number of members present of the Society shall constitute a quorum. Members who have cast votes electronically shall be counted towards the quorum. No business shall be transacted unless a quorum is present. If within half an hour from the time appointed for the General Meeting a quorum is not present it shall stand adjourned to the same place and time seven (7) days later and if at such adjourned meeting a quorum be not present those members present shall form a quorum and may transact the business for which the meeting was called.
Also amend section 19 to read: (new text is underlined):
19. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETINGS QUORUM
At all Special General Meetings twenty (20) per cent of the total number of members of the Society shall constitute a quorum. Members who have cast votes electronically shall be counted towards the quorum. No business shall be transacted unless a quorum is present.

Vote Motion 4
Abstain

Motion 5: - Ryan Paddy
Allowing electronic voting without requiring a reason
Explanation:
To allow any current member to vote at AGMs or SGMs electronically without giving a reason. Combined with motion 4 this will further increase the ease of reaching quorum, and will allow any society member to vote on all motions and positions regardless of their ability or willingness to attend meetings.
Motion
Amend section 14e to read (new text is underlined):
Quote:
(e) For Members of the Society who are eligible to vote at an AGM or SGM but who will not be attending for any reason, a provision shall be made for distance voting whereby the voting forms will be made available at a pre-advertised time electronically and they must within an advertised time frame be returned to a pre-determined email address to be counted by the scrutineers.

Vote Motion 5
Abstain

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]In terms of Auckland attendance on Tuesday 22nd October, does anyone have access to a reasonably-sized venue (possibly your home) with internet connection, screen, and camera?
[/quote]

This has been discussed at committee, I have offered up my folks place which has a decent sized lounge (they are ok with it). Can’t go too late and will need to keep ordered as will likely have my sister and her baby visiting.

Got a Lappy, a TV screen, net connection and camera…So we’d be sorted on this end.

Would be in Mt Albert. This good with people?

That’s great, thanks Cameron.

If you could advertise the address and time for people to arrive next Tuesday that’d be great. I believe the Wellington AGM is at 7, followed by the National AGM.

Aucklanders don’t need to attend this to help with quorum, but it’s a chance to see the workings of the society in person and chat about the motions and nominations and the results.

Non-Wellington members, please do take a moment to vote now on the National AGM committee members & motions via email, instructions are in Scott’s post above.

A lot of people have been here before for new years in previous years…

9 Grande Ave, Mt Albert. Not before 6:30.

Wellington Regional AGM details

So a reminder, the National and Wellington AGMs will be held on Tuesday 22nd October, at 7pm. It will be held at Fairfax Media, 40
Boulcott Street, Wellington (Same venue as last year). Scott will meet people downstairs and take them up to the conference room (if you need his number send him a number or a PM.

We will try and cover off the Wellington AGM first and then the National AGM.

If you live outside Wellington, or have another good reason for non-attendance, you may vote by email. We will be using the same email address for both National and Regional elections, so you should send two separate emails and clearly state in the subject line which each is for.

At the start of the meeting a returning officer will be voted on, they will have the responsibility to tally up the votes. The email address is: nzlarps2013agm@gmail.com

Below are the things you need to vote on for the REGIONAL AGM if voting by Email.

Number of General Officers
Two
None
Abstain

Regional Director
Ellen Boucher
No Confidence
Abstain

Secretary
Idiot Savant
Russ kale
No Confidence
Abstain

Treasurer
Ant Doornebosch
No Confidence
Abstain

Gear Officer
Mel Duncan
No Confidence
Abstain

Marketing Officer
Idiot Savant
No Confidence
Abstain

General Officers
Bryn Jones
Russ Kale
Other (write-in name)
No Confidence
Abstain

Edited 21/10: Bryn has apparently declined the nomination for Marketing Officer, and accepted one as General Officer. The ballot has been edited to reflect this. Those who have already voted and who feel this affects their vote should resend a corrected ballot. I apologise for any confusion.

Cameron I got someone to check the Skype access today and it looks like they have blocked it on the work firewalls. I will see if we have a workaround.

I’ll be standing by on Facebook

Have they blocked Google hang outs?