Wellington AGM 18th October 2017 nominations

NZLARPS Wellington is holding their AGM on 18th October, 2017, to coincide with the National AGM. Level 7, 13-27 Manners Street, Wellington CBD. The plan is to participate in the national AGM via google hangouts from 7pm, and the Wellington AGM will start once the national AGM is completed, at around 7:30pm. The venue requires someone to let you in, so it is best to assemble outside on Manners St at around 6:50 (alternatively, gather in the pub nextdoor beforehand).(NOTE: This date has been changed from the previously advertised date of 11th October. We apologise for any inconvenience)

Aside from administrative reports, a major function of the AGM will be to elect the new committee for the Wellington region. Nominations for the positions will be accepted in this thread, on the Facebook thread in the NZLARPS group, or by emailing wellington.secretary@nzlarps.org. Nominations must be put forward and seconded by current NZLARPS members. Please note that the nominee does not need to currently be a member, but must be by the time of the AGM.

The deadline for nominations is October 11th, 2017. Information on electronic voting will be sent when nominations close. Nominees must also accept their nominations by this time.

Due to electronic voting, we will not accept nominations from the floor.

Any other motions are welcomed to be posted here or via any other means listed above.

The positions up for election are:

• Regional Director
    Responsible for overall running of committee and society for the region. Promote the vision of the society, chair committee meetings, work for consensus in the committee. Attend meetings as regional representative of the society. Co-ordinate with other regional directors and Society President to ensure cooperation across the country in advancing the aims and visions of the society.

• Regional Secretary
    Keep all club correspondence in an organized fashion. Send letters as required. Send reminders of meetings to committee members. Take minutes at meetings and distribute to committee members. Communicate decisions made by committee to members.

• Regional Treasurer
    Responsible for society finances. Keep general ledger to track society expenditure and income. Pay all society accounts. Bank money received. Advise on availability of funds for projects and committee initiatives. Distribute budgets to project owners and receive repayments. Pass accounts to society accountant to be registered with the government. Present financial report of current position at committee meetings.

• Regional Equipment Officer
    Responsible for society-owned equipment. Organize for equipment to be stored, cleaned, repaired, and made available for project events. Keep records of where equipment is kept. Advise committee and project owners on what equipment is likely to be useful to current and future projects. Facilitate equipment workshops with project owners. Suggest equipment purchases. Report on state of equipment to committee.

• Regional Marketing Officer
    Identify online and offline communities. Devise strategies by which to promote larp games and events to these communities, with a view to recruiting new players into larping and potentially into joining nzLARPS. Coordinate marketing campaigns. Update the NZLARPS Auckland facebook page and any other social media.

• Regional General Officer (2)
    Can take up responsibilities as required.

Each position must be held by a separate individual.

2 Likes

The current nominees will be posted here and updated as necessary.

Regional Director: Mel Duncan (Nominated, Seconded, Accepted)
Thom J (Nominated, Seconded, Accepted)
Regional Secretary: Courtney Parnell (Nominated, Seconded, Accepted)

Regional Treasurer: Anthony Doornebosch (Nominated, Seconded,Declined) Jon Ball (Nominated, Seconded, Accepted)

Regional Equipment Officer: Norman C (Nominated, Seconded, Accepted)

Regional Marketing Officer: Malcolm (Idiot) (Nominated, Seconded, Accepted)

Regional General Officer: Lee Patrick (Nominated, Seconded, Accepted) Toby Stewart (Nominated, Seconded, Accepted)

Motion to appoint two general officers seconded.

(Editor’s note: apologies for brief confusion, put someone as accepted when they have declined)

1 Like

I nominate Anthony Doornebosch for regional treasurer.

Seconded Anthony for treasurer

1 Like

I nominate Courtney Parnell for regional secretary

1 Like

I second Courtney for regional secretary.

I accept the nomination!

1 Like

I nominate Idiot for Regional Marketing Officer.

I accept the nomination as marketing officer.

I second Idiot for Marketing

I nominate Thom for Regional Director

2 Likes

I second Thom for Regional Director.

2 Likes

I nominate Lee Patrick for General Officer.

1 Like

I nominate Mel Duncan for Regional Director

2 Likes

I second Mel for Regional Director.

I accept the nomination for General Officer.

4 Likes

I second Lee for General Officer

1 Like

I nominate Toby Stewart for General Officer

1 Like

I second Toby Stewart for General Officer

1 Like

I accept the nomination.

1 Like

We really need a gear officer guys. You’re allowed to step up, otherwise I’ll start nominating!

And while I’m here I guess I’ll accept nomination for Regional Director. Means I can’t possibly be gear officer again! :smiley:

1 Like