The beginnings of an idea

I’ve been thinking a lot in the last few months about how to combine the campaign format with the more accessible 3 hour game.

Would this be something people in Wellington are interested in?

Essentially people would create their own characters, within a set world. There would be a series of late afternoon/evening games of 3-5 hours in length, with consistant characters and they would occur 2-3 times a year.

Crew would also be great, as they only seem to enhance the play experience.

So, as a format would people be keen to try it out?

Yeah, that would totally work.

Do you have a setting/campaign in mind?

Sam W had mentioned this sort of idea to me a few weeks back as something that would appeal to those gamers who are also parents and find it difficult to commit to a full weekend game.

Keen as Chips!

[quote=“Stephanie”]Yeah, that would totally work.

Do you have a setting/campaign in mind?[/quote]

Not really yet, it was more seeing if the format would work for people and then think of a game to fit.

What sort of setting/style would people like to see?

Yep, spoken to a few people about a campaign set out like this and I know it makes it a lot more available to those that are parents or live outside central Wellington.

I’m keen. Can crew.

It does sound fun.

[quote=“sophmelc”][quote=“Stephanie”]Yeah, that would totally work.

Do you have a setting/campaign in mind?[/quote]

Not really yet, it was more seeing if the format would work for people and then think of a game to fit.

What sort of setting/style would people like to see?[/quote]

Ok after mulling this over and thinking about what types of settings would work well around Wellington, don’t need super huge props and that I really like I’m leaning heavily towards a post apocalypse/collapse setting in the Fallout, Hot War, Apocalypse World type.

As mentioned, I really like this idea.

I’d be keen as either crew or player :smiley:

Absolutely, both to the concept and the apocalypse.

I like the idea!

Keen on a Fallout world LARP

sounds interesting

Ok, it seems that the idea has legs. Once my Hydra game is written I’ll get thinking about an evening game to kick this off.

LAte to notice this… But I’d have way more chance of playing a campaign like this, and think post-apocalyptic would be cool!

Lady you rock my world.

Super keen.

[quote=“Samw”]Lady you rock my world.

Super keen.[/quote]

:smiley:

Not late! It’s only been up a couple of days. But so far the interest means that I will totally be doing something along these lines.