Sacking of the Shire

Just a bit of info here:

Hobbiton will allow us to use their venue (in a provisional sense, all proposals go through the studio guys in Wellington) after they stop their tours. At that point we could potentially have it over night.

There is no clash with film crews, Hobbiton filming finished in December.

And if we run after hours then there is no clash with tourists. Potentially we can set up marquees and what have you and we’d have the entire set to ourselves.

Progress at this point is reliant on myself and a couple of others heading down to Hobbiton to scope logisitics with the Manager.

Then we put our proposal together, it goes to Wellington and if approved we could run a larp in Hobbiton.

That’s an incredibly optimistic and generous response! Well done!

Cool let me know if you require any help for that !

[quote=“Jared”]Hobbiton will allow us to use their venue (in a provisional sense, all proposals go through the studio guys in Wellington) after they stop their tours. At that point we could potentially have it over night.[/quote]:smiley:

I have copious amounts of time if you need help and the such like.

Exciting news. I don’t think I could resist the opportunity to play at that venue.

Looking forward to hearing what kind of game you might run, in terms of scenario and production.

I guess the outsides of the hobbit holes are at human scale (i.e. for average sized people playing hobbits)? Curious whether you’d stick with that scale and go for all hobbit characters (with maybe some tall people playing dwarfs), or throw scale to the wind and have people playing humans and elves and whatever else regardless of height.

Happy to help too. Like I said earlier you might well find international larpers would fly in for the opportunity to play at the set, and I’d be happy to help spread the word if you were interested in attracting that crowd.

[quote=“Ryan Paddy”]
I guess the outsides of the hobbit holes are at human scale (i.e. for average sized people playing hobbits)? [/quote]

No, it’s scaled for hobbit sizes meaning short humans.

So people about 5’6" look about right next to the doors? That’s how tall Elijah Wood & co are roughly.

That’s about what I meant, I just worded it badly.