NaLaWriMo 2019

Mechanically that’s good (there’s a similar system used in Graduation Day, with “mana” tokens used to cast spells on people, who then get to use the mana right back at you). I guess the only worry is whether there’s a sufficient balance of physical, social and technical opportunities in the plot space. But then, the street finds its own uses for things…

1 Like

9 character outlines done. Turns out this larp also has a hefty dose of intergenerational politics in it (being fundamentally about houses).

13 character skeletons done. I ended up ditching the hippies in the housebus, and adding the shopkeeper and their townie partner.

Next step: draw a diagram, add some relationships and a few more plots. But that is a job for another day.

1 Like

I have finally begun writing character sheets. I am not entirely happy with the amount of plot I’ve got, but a) more may emerge during writing; and b) if I grind this stuff out now, I’ll have a solid base to add to later. NaLaWriMo: it doesn’t have to be perfect; it just has to be done.

2 Likes

So, how is everyone going?

I have 6/13 characters written, so have to do one a day to complete the game by the end of the month.

I should add: when I wrote the first character, I thought that it sucked and needed more plot. I’ve written more than a dozen larps, so that might be right, or it just might be imposter syndrome still. Either way, it doesn’t matter, because the aim is to get words on a screen, not for them to be perfect. Perfection comes from editing, but in order to edit, you have to finish the game first…

1 Like

11/13 characters done. Two to go! Plus I guess a background document. And then I get to polish it.