Multiplayer Starship Bridge Simulator

I am sooo frickin jealous about this conversation. This sounds really cool to run and be a part of. We should have some aliens visit Teonn sometime soon :wink:

Dude, download the demo, persuade/cajole/shanghai/round up a couple of friends with laptops or computers, network them up, and you’re away laughing. It’s that simple :slight_smile:

It’s the whole multi-crew thing that’s got me excited :slight_smile: But I’ll have a look at the demo to see how the NPC interactions work, have a look at the scripting, etc

Sounds loik fun!

There’s a pretty decent-looking Star Trek mod on Artemis, so that would be another option for a larp. It’s classic era, I gather.

I guess the main advantage of playing it as a Star Trek larp is that the setting is well developed so it’s less work to make a playable, immersive fiction for it. It’s clear what the costuming is, who the enemies are, etc. Plus the whole cooperative-bridge-simulation of Artemis looks like it was inspired by Trek, so it’s a natural fit.

Yep, last time I saw it was over 10 years ago and it needed a few minor repairs but it was a mockup of the original Startrek bridge. Havn’t seen it since the modelling museum closed down (make that 20 years).[/quote]
Yup. I was involved with that. It was awesome. We played games on it, and even shot a teleplay on it. Complete with blooper reel.

We took it to a couple of conventions.

But eventually it just got too much hassle to store, and we had to get rid of it. Except for the captains chair and T console, which I believe is in someones garage. What condition it’s in, I don’t know.

Ah, good times.

I wonder if it would be possible to build a five-person mini-bridge out of corflute, so that it would be portable and could be packed down? Something small enough to fit in a living room, but large enough to give a tight “bridge” feel. I just love the idea of an enclosed play space, I guess.

The thing is, you don’t have to stick to standard bridge configurations, as in, it doesn’t HAVE to look all techie. If you want a cheap bridge, you could just make your nation have a culture which likes to dress their bridges in, say, cloth, with lights shining from behind them or something, and then just have a few consoles for the bridge-crew. It doesn’t need to be complex =D. As long as it has a slightly spacey feel I guess.

Build a pillow fort:

[quote=“Derek”]
Build a pillow fort[/quote]
I like this idea immensely.

That thing looks like it has two floors and a balcony O.o

Wouldn’t it though? 8)

That would be good too. I would love to paint it! :wink:
I was thinking (day dreaming) about a submarine game along the lines of Hunt for the Red October, Crimson Tide, and To Kill The Potempkin. A spaceship one would be just as good. I can imagine the captain saying things like, “All back full!” and replying “Answering all back full!”. Crew (as in the crew of the ship as opposed to NPC’s) wearing disposible painters hooded overalls to represent Flash suits (like they have in the navy so you don’t get horribly burned), or space suits - decompression is horrible!
Yes I would love to play or crew, if it is a Chimera 2013 game. :mrgreen: