Gear Rationalisation Saturday 11th January 2014

Hello everyone

In the lead up to Crucible, NZLARPS needs you! We are looking for people to volunteer some of their time and energy on Saturday 11th of January from 10am till 4pm.
In particular we are looking for some people who are willing to bring along a sewing machine and do some repair and other work on our soft costume. There will be an indoor space where you can work and plug in your machines.
There will be some cleaning and repair work that will need to be done on our hard gear, so technical/crafty people are needed.

The more people we have who turn up, the quicker we can get through the work and make sure that our gear is ready for the new year. It is also a lot of fun hanging out with everyone and usually there are a lot of laughs.

We will also do some pizza or fish and chips for lunch together.

Please respond on this thread if you can make it and if you can bring a sewing machine.

Thanks heaps

Nikki

I may be back from my holiday by then. But I won’t know 'til the last moment because weather.

If I am back I’ll come fix things.

If you add this the the nzlarps google calendar then it’ll auto-magically show up on calendars for the tech-savvy members who use such things :smiley:

[quote=“Derek”]I may be back from my holiday by then. But I won’t know 'til the last moment because weather.

If I am back I’ll come fix things.

If you add this the the nzlarps google calendar then it’ll auto-magically show up on calendars for the tech-savvy members who use such things :smiley:[/quote]

cool, how do I go about doing that (being non technically minded :stuck_out_tongue:)

I’ve added a note here to get it on the calendar.

I believe there nzlarps owns house elves or something that do it. Nobody really understands how it works…

Can’t make, will still be in the South Island.

I encourage everyone to help out on these events. We have a lot of gear, and the more people who can lend a hand, the more it can be sorted/cleaned/repaired.

And if you are a GM, it also provides a great opportunity to see exactly what we have in our treasure trove :slight_smile:

I borrowed some swords last weekend. They were all stuck together when I got them but I’ve given them a spray with some silicon.

It may be worth getting a can and doing all the rest of them on the gear day.

Were these the swords that were wrapped in the bubble wrap?

I think so. They were wrapped in something.

Reminder this is on this weekend. :slight_smile:

Bubble wrap works for me, I loosely wrap all the Paddywhack stock and it doesn’t stick. That’s why I recommended it.

However my stock is all new and dry. Worn/damp stock may be another matter, the seal on it may have worn off exposing sticky latex.

I think the main danger is weapons sticking to each other. I keep them separate in the bubble wrap, do they don’t touch.

Thank you so much to Muppet, Beth, Hannah, Walter, Prema, James, Chloe, Lisa, Tigger, Mark, Callum, Jonathan and Cameron B. for turning up and lending a hand at the gear rationalisation.

You are all awesome. Having many hands made a big job smaller, even if we still went from 10am until almost 5pm.

Just as an indication, we have now numbered all the boxes and then numbered the corresponding costume with a fabric pen or label, so that you can now easily tell which box, which costume belongs to. I hope this will make it easier for gear to be kept tidy in their boxes during events and also be put away correctly after events.

We have also taken inventory of the various non make up boxes, like the make up box and food boxes which I will update onto the spread sheet Hannah created when I can.

Thanks again everyone for all your hard work.

Nikki