Game Selection 2010 Now Open!

of all games, im mad hanging out for ‘Prayers on a Porcelain Altar’ so if you got in quick and selected it even though you’re not DYING to play it like i am, please please trade for me, i MUST play this game.

I’m one player who got in quick, Zannii, from whom you have nothing to worry about. Good luck, I look forward to hearing about it after!

Chimera has taken over 70 registrations and more than 60 game selections. There is still space in every round, so please do sign up. I’m looking for three more GMs to take on running prewritten games - I need an extra game for Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon and potentially Friday night.

This makes me extraordinarily glad I signed up a.s.a.p last night!

I’m more then happy to put my hand up to run another game. The more experience the better. How will the game need to be?

Could popular games potentially be run multiple times in different slots?

We’re considering something like that. Prayers on a Porcelain Altar was so wildly popular, we’re running two streams concurrently!

Cheers, Joe, that’d be amazing. I’ll PM you.

I thought someone had made comment that they knew they had missed out on a game. I was just wondering when and how to expect whether our choices were successful. No rush Anna, just wondering…

Well, its not like it needs supervision, just a space.

You could always volunteer to run a game, which would have the side effect of getting you access to the GM forum which has lists of players for each game

You could always volunteer to run a game, which would have the side effect of getting you access to the GM forum which has lists of players for each game[/quote]

This is exactly what’s been happening. People who can see the backstage GM forum know exactly which games they (and others) are in. It’s going to take me a bit of time to doublecheck my work and put together the confirmation emails, and with some real life stuff on this week, I probably won’t have time until the weekend. Expect official confirmations early next week.

People might also just now be doing game selection on the website and noting that their preferred choice says “FULL”.

Those full notices aren’t necessarily up to date by the way - some games are full that haven’t been marked as full yet. Should be up to date by tomorrow.

Have a look at this website for a collection of pre-written larp scenarios: wiki.rpg.net/index.php/LARP_Scenarios

We’re looking at games for 8-12 players with a flexible space requirement. I’d be keen for someone to do a rerun of Diamon Geezers on Saturday afternoon (we’ll have the props from the first run) There’s a couple of games on that site that may sound familiar, they are written by the Wellington community and were run last year at Chimera to popular acclaim - “Down and Out in Middenburg” and “But Nobody Loses An Eye!” - and could be run again (by different people, the authors are all running different games this year)

Early next week sounds great, Anna! Plenty of time.

BTW, if you’ve written games in the past, and you’re not planning any future runs (or trust your players not to peek), why not stick them online and link to them from there?

I plan to do that for Fleet St when I finally get around to that final clean up… :unamused: