French Larper coming to NZ

Yup - most likely (sorry, rest of NZ)

sounds cool, i’m up for anything!

Maybe i can also bring several small games (12-14 players) which last from 10 to 14 hours, and organize them along with my trip in NZ. The only req is that i’ll need someone local to find the venue (one big flat or house can be enough for these small games)

Karuna

I’m willing to help organize a game in wellington!

okay,

I’ll be around Wellington the 1st October

I’ll be going the a rugby game at 6pm the 1st.

So we can schedule the larp either:
Friday 30 from 21H00 to 4 or 6 in the morning
the 1st October from 20H to…
The 2nd October from 10 AM TO…

We should do a small one (14 players), I think.

Then find us a venue :slight_smile:

Karuna

BTW, is there a place where I can get some of the larp that were made in NZ ? So that I can organize them in France ?

thanks

Betrothals and Betrayals (Regency supernatural)
But Nobody Loses An Eye (kids party)
Down and Out in Middenburg (fantasy-comedy beggars)
For the Honour of the Family (Transylvanian nobles)
Graduation Day (fantasy-comedy wizards)

Plus several of us have published games on DriveThruRPG:
Black Hart of Camelot
Al Shir Ma
Super Sparkle Action Princess GX!
But Nobody Loses An Eye! (more polished than the free SDC version)
and keep an eye out in the future for Silver Kiss of the Magical Twilight of the Full Moon. Currently it’s published as a tabletop game, but the writer also ran a Larp version which she says she’s planning to publish.

Edit: fixed links

I’v bought some of them.

Seems like you are used to games that last for 4 hours.

Do you have LARP that last for a full week-end ?

[quote=“Karuna”]I’v bought some of them.

Seems like you are used to games that last for 4 hours.

Do you have LARP that last for a full week-end ?[/quote]

Yes - see the Teonn forum.

It’s more like those are the ones that are easily packaged up for sale/download. They’re the type of game that we run at Chimera in August, which is a convention of 3-hour pregen games with mixed genres and styles, running over a weekend.

We usually have around 2 to 4 weekend-long games a year too. Fantasy tends to be the biggest, but there are also long horror and oriental fantasy games running at the moment, and there have been others in the past. Game size hasn’t usually been larger than 100 or so, quite often more like 50. And I’ve yet to hear of any games running longer than a normal weekend.

Those games are generally used for competitions / conventions - 4 hours/session. We do lots of day / night and weekend games, tho I dunno if they’re written up quite so thoroughly. Teonn, for example, the players create their own characters, so the only character plot lines you get is based on the backstory supplied to the GM’s.

Is this actually happening anywhere? I can hardly imagine, since last Sunday I crawled home after just 48 hours of Teonning and kept falling asleep while walking or cooking. More than a weekend would be horrifically exhausting, methinks.

There are longer games that happen, running five days or more.

If you had more days, there probably wouldn’t be as much happening after midnight. People might keep more normal hours, so wouldn’t be quite as exhausted.

That makes sense nod

some news:

I’ll be bringing a western larp, for 18 players

I’ll plan to run it twice : once near Auckland and once near Wellington

best regards,
Karuna

Yeeee-haw! Count me in! :smiley:

grrrlshapedthing is helping me for the Wellington session, there is the venue to find…;

Anna, will you help me for the Auckland session ? Helping dosen’t mean you will not play :slight_smile:

Yup - send me details (privately) - what day/s, preferred times, venue required, any limitations on players (specific numbers of male/female?), level of RP skill/maturity required, props/costumes required, food/drink required etc and whatever else you think I can arrange in advance
Cool - looking forward to it :smiley:
Cheers
Anna

What is this game about: Life and history of a small cowboy town (La Hood) and its small mexican neighbourgh village (Paso del Loco). Those 2 towns are divided by the border and located in New Mexico. It is a full fiction that has nothing to do with any historical characters or event. The action originally took place in 1868. On the American side, we’re a few years after the Civil War; on the Mexican side it is the Juarez’s Mexican Revolution .

Families in conflict for a piece of land, cattle stolen, saloon gambling, mercenaries to hire, former confederate soldiers looking for the CS treasure… All this happen or can happen like being shot down or taken into a gunfight in a dark street at night… The raw West is living action in this game but with a lot of respect, security and fun, fun, fun! It’s just a game!