Your upcoming year of larp

So, what are people planning to run in 2016? Here’s my list:

Hydra 2016: The Gehenna Memo: “the Imitation Game” meets “The Atrocity Archive” in a larp of sorcery, bureaucracy, and Lovecraftian horror.

Winter season: I’m herding the cats, so I need to put out. And having looked at the calendar, I’m tempted to start winter early, with a run of The Oncoming Storm, a Dr Who larp about the Time War, which the authors have kindly provided a copy of. The optimum date for that seems to be March 26, the 11th anniversary of the show’s revival. Though 6 hours and 13 players is going to mean a tough budget.

Winter season 2: yeah, wasn’t I mean to finish “fantays thieve’s guild” for ComicCon or post-Armageddon?

Phoenix 2016: Boffo’s Birthday Bash, Catnip’s excellent Wodehouseian comedy.

Sometime between Phoenix and Chimera: Hopefully Catnip will get hold of The Koenig Dead, the sequel to The Linfarn Run, which is inspired by increasingly-distant and sadly cancelled TV show. Phoenix gets first dibs (so I get to be Sax to Robert’s Max and Ciaran’s Alix! And use my crew-patch! Yeah!), but we’re tentatively planning a Wellington double-feature for those who enjoyed the pilot. Assuming we get a copy, of course.

Chimera 2016: Not sure yet, but probably Greenstone Creek, the west Coast gold-rush larp I’ve been chewing on, assuming the writing goes well. I’m also open to requests in the event they need a second game.

Sometime: I’ve also been provided a copy of The Tales of Irnh, an SF tale-telling larp. Its an unusual length (5 hours) and an unusual format - basicly a series of short, connected larps which tell an overall story while sharing no characters - but it can just be run in a living room. Anyone keen?

So, what’s everyone else planning to do.