Wellington posse (2014 edition)

So, who wants to coordinate travel?

Usually we fly up on NZ0446 (departs WLG 14:55, arrives AKL 15:55; $79 for grabaseat + bag) and return on either NZ0475 (departs AKL 20:15; $79) or NZ0469 (departs 21:00, $69). We get a shuttlebus to and from the airport, the cost of which varies depending on headcount.

Sure but I need to get through 2 trips to Auckland first, and Hydra.

Booked. Also updated prices. Its quite cheap ATM - $80 each way with luggage (and you’ll need it). You can save money on airfares if you leave earlier or return a bit later, but I’d end up spending the difference on coffee while waiting anyway, so its no real saving.

[quote=“IdiotSavant”]So, who wants to coordinate travel?

Usually we fly up on NZ0446 (departs WLG 14:55, arrives AKL 15:55; $79 for grabaseat + bag) and return on either NZ0475 (departs AKL 20:15; $79) or NZ0469 (departs 21:00, $69). We get a shuttlebus to and from the airport, the cost of which varies depending on headcount.[/quote]

So I just booked my flights. Will be flying up on NZ0446. Won’t be coming back until Monday though so I will shuttle in with you but not out.

I’ve booked a flight from Christchurch which arrives in time to take the shuttle. I’ve been to Auckland Airport only a few times, so where’s the muster point for everyone to meet?

I’m probably going to book a flight on Friday night so I can shuttle back to the airport as well, but I’m waiting to hear if I can have the Monday morning off work as well as the Friday.

By the baggage claim. If you let me know what time you get in, we’ll keep an eye out.

I assume that’s Sunday night?

I’m also flying in from Christchurch, and thanks, sharing transport sounds good.

I arrive at 16:05 on Friday (JQ 242 from CHC) and I’ve a late flight back on the Sunday (JQ 259 at 21:10).

See you there!

Ged

[quote=“Ged”]I’m also flying in from Christchurch, and thanks, sharing transport sounds good.

I arrive at 16:05 on Friday (JQ 242 from CHC) [/quote]

Excellent. So if we take a quick donut break (mmm donuts) we should be able to meet up.

By the baggage claim. If you let me know what time you get in, we’ll keep an eye out.

I assume that’s Sunday night?[/quote]

My flight actually gets in at about 2pm so I’ll have to wait around for a while. And yes I meant Sunday night, sorry. That’s looking more likely since the Monday has a bunch of pending leave requests on it right now.

My flights are all booked, so I’ll be taking the shuttle both ways–I get to Auckland at about 2pm on Friday and depart at 8.45 on Sunday.

How is payment being organised? Everyone just chips in with cash on the day? And do you have a ballpark figure of how much I should budget for it? Sorry for many questions.

Cash on the day, and it depends on how many people we cram into a shuttlebus. I’d budget $20 each way to be on the safe side (if we have more than 11 people we will have to split across multiple shuttles, which makes it more expensive for everyone)

Hey! Getting in on this a bit late. If I’m on flights that get to Auckland at 4:30 PM and leave on Sunday at 7:30 PM, will I still be able to travel to the site with you guys?

Jetsuck or Air New Zealand?

I think we can wait for you (gives us time for donuts). Departure will be tight though; normally we get a 6 o’clock shuttlebus, which might not get there in time for you. we might be able to push that forward a little.

And I suppose we need to do a roll-call so we know who to expect.

Jetstar, yes. Thanks! I’ll see about sorting out something else to the airport if necessary (though it would be preferable to be able to go with you guys). Does this mean I can count on being able to travel with you on Friday, at least?

The rest of us are I think on Air New Zealand, which is in a separate terminal, so we’ll need to work out somewhere we can meet (probably the food court)

What’s your check-in time on Sunday?