The gun issue (split from Stargate idea)

sounds like fun

[quote=“Exquire”]
Please remember this.[/quote]

i will keep hunting

i have emailed the company in the above link so when i hear more i will update it here

fragtag.com.au/index.htm

found this site while hunting. some of the construction looks simple (the frames i mean)

they are ugly but check out the P90 pefect for stargate and the best looking on the site

ok i have the plans for the casing for the guns david mentions and they are based off the ones in starship troopers.

If it wasnt for the high cost of materials (you need to buy sheets which is enough to make about 5 guns at once) I would be seriously considering making them by now.

It will be reletively ease if we get a working b together to do maybe 5 in a day, you need snips, pliers grinders/files to clean up the edges and drills.

i have been involved iwth the outside laser tag but again cant remember the name.

dont megazone hire out the maze for all nighters???

Oh so David has plans for /casing/ as opposed to the guts?

I think if we can sort out some cheap guts and make a dozen sets of them we’ll really be flying. If we can make them somewhat modular, we can swap the functions in/out for different events. I wonder if, given the scope (no pun) of the events we could run with laser weapons, we could apply for a government grant to aquire the insides.

I tried to get a sparky friend to quote us a batch price on "the starship troopers stuff, but he took a look and said, “Nah, it’s got pic’s in it. I don’t do pic’s.”
:frowning:

So, I already have 10 motherboards and I wait for 10 more will come before the end of February. And I have made 6 of my own designed body for the guns and full technology of “how to make them out of pvc pipes”. And I made them at the makerspace community named Tangleball and it wasn’t cost me more than my membership fees. This system was designed by my friend and was already tested for a LOT of LARPS at Russia. So, what do you think about revisiting the idea?

BTW Here is the design: lasertagparts.com/forum/index.ph … opic=368.0
facebook.com/media/set/?set … 933&type=1

Looks AWESOME. I’d love to check out the system :smiley:

Very well. :slight_smile: And what would please you most - wait until I make everything by myself and then just play as another beta tester or take a part of the preparing process? I have a lot of things to do from the converting cheap toy guns to the lasertag ones or making same with my own design ones, to electronic and wire tasks (soldering, checking, crimping etc). Most of the whole process is divided to simple operations, so I can find an occupation for everyone who would mind to join.
BTW sorry for my English:(

I think this could really transform modern gun-era games. Great stuff, will be keeping an eye on how you proceed. Don’t have time to volunteer at the moment, but if that changes I’d be keen to help.

Thank you, Walter. I appreciate it.

I’ve got second series of the motherboard’s pcb-s, so now I have 10 more of them. I’ve also ordered all elements for soldering them. Looking forward to finish this stage and get 10 more ready motherboards so would be able to make 10 more guns. So far so good:)