Session 2 - Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Hello!

Session 2 of the campaign will be on [size=150]October 12th. Starting at 5pm till 10ish at Vogelmorn Hall, Brooklyn, Wellington.[/size] (Same place as last time).

[size=150]Player and crew registration is now open![/size]. docs.google.com/forms/d/1I5qhfw … 8/viewform

And remember, first people to register AND pay get the 30 player slots. Previous players and crew who now want to play will get preference over new players.

Character updates can be sent through any time, but please send them as either a pdf or word doc, rather than just in an email. These are to be no longer than 800 words.

The game format will be exactly the same:
2pm - Set dressing
4:30pm - Crew briefing
4:45pm - Player briefing
5pm - Game start
7pm ish - Dinner
10pm ish - Game end
11pm - set dressing packed away and venue clean.

Email as always is theworldthatis@gmail.com.

I kinda love that you have imposed a word limit.

True, though right now I don’t even know what I’m supposed to be updating. And is this word limit over several emails, liek if I keep emailing ideas and whatnot to Sophie is she going to cut me off when I hit 800. :smiley:

[quote=“Jarratt”]
True, though right now I don’t even know what I’m supposed to be updating. And is this word limit over several emails, liek if I keep emailing ideas and whatnot to Sophie is she going to cut me off when I hit 800. :smiley:[/quote]

My understanding (and this is purely what I do for other games) is that character updates are a summary of what your character has been up to in the downtime (as well as what they are spending their XP on). So you might say something like “Hawk is going to take his truck down south and set a number of ambushes designed to interfere with the Emerald trade”. Obviously some of this is dependant on what the setting is for the next game and how much IC time has passed. This is probably separate from suggestions of game ideas (which are not necessarily character specific). I think of the character update as the players input on their character arc / plot. What you are describing as what you’ve been sending to Sophie sounds more like overall setting ideas / feedback.

Although I think basically the purpose of the word limit and the “one update” is to stop people from constantly harassing the GM. I don’t think Sophie wants to be hearing from people every week for the next 5 months.

Just my 2c.

Jon

(In addition to what Jon said) Some games like to have a brief description of things that the character did / info found out / items they have acquired during the previous game. Should this be included in the updates for WTI too?

Yes that would be good, as I’m not 100% what things were picked up on and what wasn’t.

As Jon said the update is what you’re doing in the downtime. You have plenty of time to work that out, so no panic.

[quote=“sophmelc”]
As Jon said the update is what you’re doing in the downtime. You have plenty of time to work that out, so no panic.[/quote]

More roleplaying. :smiley:

Update complete and under the 800 words

Update went like

What did you do? Drink
What are you going to do? Drink more. Perhaps go on a pub crawl

Was simple :slight_smile:

Like :stuck_out_tongue:

Like it Ants, like it.

I have been toying with a character concpet for this but am not sure if it would be allowed within the setting. What email address should I send queries to for verification?

Won’t be allowed within the setting. LOL. You’ve seen what we came up with right? Desert Warriors, Nasanaughts, High Tech Arcs, Balors galore, at least 2 escapees from the Asylum.

I guess the only thing you probably have going against you is that the first wave of players kind of created the world we are playing in but I would definitely try and idea on Sophie because it probably could fit.

Not really, 'cos I wasn’t at the first session and haven’t had time to read through all the various threads here yet.

Darlin’, ya gotta let me know…

Will pay when possible. Also will chat with you Sophie before an update is sent