Paddywhack pricing changes

Hey folks,

Just a note to say I’ve made some changes to prices for Paddywhack goods.

My listed prices have been higher than I would like for a while, but the large discount offered to nzLARPS members made it hard to reduce them. Also, I’m going to be acting as a distributer for some larp products and need to be careful of not offering discounts that out-compete the retailers I will supply.

This morning I’m pleased to have reduced Paddywhack’s retail prices across the board. However, that means I can’t sustain the old discount for society members.

Paddywhack now offers a 10% discount to nzLARPS members.

nzLARPS branches can now buy club gear from Paddywhack with a 15% discount.

Cheers,

Ryan Paddy
Paddywhack Productions
paddywhack.co.nz

Have you finished updating the website Ryan? Cause the only thing that seems cheaper (retail) than before are the Palnatoke swords…

The list prices have gone down evenly on all products.

For example from the Epic Armoury range, the “King Sword - 110cm” used to be $150.99 and it is now $143.99.

Palnatoke do give me a better discount and I pass that on to you, but that isn’t a new thing. Also Palnatoke are not usually more expensive as you might think, for example the Epic Armoury “King Sword - 110cm” has a RRP of €80.47 and the comparable Palnatoke “Champion - 101cm” has a RRP of €73. So for similar weapons, Palnatoke are generally cheaper, while still being at least as good quality.

Thanks Ryan. I’m not trying to criticise your business, which has resulted in a lot of gear coming into larpers hands, just that a retail price decrease does little to support existing members and past customers (or new members). Using your example, even with discount, that King sword will now cost nzlarps members $9 more than before.

I could be wrong about Palnatoke, however the main reason why I don’t have more Palnatoke gear was that it was more expensive, at least as I remember it.

Thanks for continuing to bring it a great range of gear Ryan.

My proportion of sales to non-members of nzLARPS is increasing, and I need to offer them a competitive price. These are generally new larpers and I want to encourage them. Honestly, the non-discounted prices were subsidising the discounted prices and that doesn’t seem fair.

At the same time I need to keep cashflow going to keep expanding the range of products I can hold in stock, so I can’t reduce the list price but maintain the discount. I think people would be surprised how little income I derive from Paddywhack. In the last year there was no profit, everything went back into expanding the stock.

Epic Armoury’s prices went up a year or so again, they may have been more on par with Palnatoke for price previous to that. That might be where your memory of them being cheaper is coming from Jared. But again, just compare their RRP in Euro now.

Yeah, I understand and appreciate those reasons. And it is your business after all. And I am fully appreciative of the fact that you have for many years run more of a service to larp than a business.

So thanks!

All good. Honestly I’d rather it was more profitable, but that’s hard to balance with investing in carrying more stock.