NZLARPS AGM 2015 - National committee nominations

I second Cameron Burns for president

I would like to nominate Robert Shaw for President.

I will second Rob Shaw for president

Before I accept my nomination: I may have let my membership lapse for a period of time during the last year. As I remember last time I edited the constitution there was something about a year of continuous membership before election to the presidential position.

Now if I recall the point of that clause was to limit the position to people who have been part of the community for a while. I’ve been active in the LARP scene since before the society existed, Served on national committee and regional committee over the years and helped draft the version of the constitution that brought in branches…So I’m not a newbie to the community.

But just thought I’d bring it up in case someone wanted to object.

That clause was repealed at the 2013 AGM. You have been legally nominated by a member, and there is no impediment to your standing.

(I am monitoring nominations for validity, and I’ll say publicly if there is a problem. But everyone nominating so far has been a member, as has everyone nominated).

I must have forgotten about the repeal (Too many societies and to many constitutional changes over the years).

I’ll accept my nomination.

I nominate Naomi Guyer for nation IT OFFICER

I second Naomi Guyer for national IT officer

I accept

Hannah Doornebosch has emailed secretary@nzlarps.org stating that she accepts nomination for marketing officer. As I’ve said that nominations can be made by email, I think that applies to acceptances too.

I think emailing the National Secretary seems like a pretty legitimate way of doing it.

I accept the nomination for National Treasurer.

After some due consideration and conversation with my respected friends in the community I have decided to accept the nomination for NZLarps President.

Let me say that I appreciate the nomination and the reasons behind it.

My current employment situation means I am usually still in the CBD at 7pm, will this be an issue?

No. At present the committee conducts all its business over Diatribe.

I meant more in reference to the AGM itself.

You don’t actually have to attend; most members won’t. Probably a good idea to start a candidate statements thread I guess.

Nominations have now closed. Electronic ballots will be mailed out shortly.

(Argh: Diatribe hasn’t been updated for daylight savings! So this says 11:01 when its 12:01)

Please do not reply to this email. Send votes to nzlarps2015agm@gmail.com instead. Votes must be received by 7pm on 22 October

Hello NZLARPS member,

NZLARPS will be holding its AGM at 7pm on Thursday 22 October 2015 at the
Western Springs Community Garden hall, 956 Great North Rd, Western Springs,
Auckland. It will be followed immediately by the Auckland regional AGM at
7:30pm; details on that will be handled by the Auckland Secretary.

We need a large number of participants for quorum, so if you cannot attend please vote by email using the ballot below.

The business to be conducted is as follows:

• Acceptance of last year’s AGM minutes
  • Approval of accounts
  • Reports from committee
  • Election of returning officer
  • Election of the new national committee
  • Motion 1:
    Amend s33(a) of the constitution to read

“All moneys received by or on behalf of the Society shall forthwith be paid to the credit of the Society in an account with a licensed bank in New Zealand or such other bank as from time to time be determined by the Society and all payments or withdrawals from the society’s accounts shall be approved by the National President, National Treasurer, or (in the case of a Regional account) by that region’s Regional Treasurer.”

(Background for this motion is on Diatribe here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10563#p128272 )

Because of the requirement for email voting, no nominations or amendments will be accepted from the floor.

Any member may vote by email. At the start of the meeting a returning officer will be elected who will have the responsibility of tallying up the votes. To vote, email your ballot (below) by 7pm on 22 October to: nzlarps2015agm@gmail.com.

Email voting is not anonymous but only the vote counter will be able to see the emails, and they will subsequently be deleted.

Below are the things you need to vote on for the AGM if voting by Email. Pick one option for each:

Vote: President
Cameron Burns
Joseph Outram
Robert Shaw
No Confidence
Abstain

Vote: Secretary
Malcolm Harbrow
No Confidence
Abstain

Vote: Treasurer
James Cooper
No Confidence
Abstain

Vote: Marketing Officer
Hannah Doornebosch
No Confidence
Abstain

Vote: Information technology Officer
Mike Curtis
Naomi Guyer
No Confidence
Abstain

Motion 1
Yes
No
Abstain

Ties will be decided by a coin toss.

Email ballots have now been sent. If you have not received one, either you are not a member (and you should (re)join if you wish to vote), or you have an old email address listed in our database (and you should log in to nzlarps.org to check, then email the secretary so they can update it and send you a ballot).

Please vote. We have a 30% quorum requirement, which means almost 40 people. If we don’t make quorum, we have to do it all again in two weeks, which means two more weeks of me hassling people.

Votes must be received by 7pm on October 22.

well, i voted just now, first time voting as a member. yay

I voted by email too. Not sure if I will be able to make the AGM in person.