NZLARPS AGM 2015 - National committee nominations

NZLARPS will be holding its AGM on October 22, 2015. Part of the business of the AGM is to elect a committee for the upcoming year. We are therefore calling for nominations for committee.

The deadline for nominations is October 14, 2015. The gap is to allow time for email voting.

Every candidate for committee must be proposed and seconded by two members, but they do not themselves need to be members at the time of nomination. If you are unsure of your membership status, you can check it on secretary@nzlarps.org. I will be contacting non-member nominators / nominees with information on how to join.

Nominations can be made by posting to the thread below, or by email to secretary@nzlarps.org. Any emailed nominations will be posted here.

There are five positions available.
[ul]
[li] President - The President of the society shall be responsible for overall running of society, promoting the vision of the society, chair committee meetings, work for consensus in the committee, cast deciding vote in case of ties, attend meetings as society representative, liaising with all regional directors to coordinate the workings of the Society across New Zealand, managing matters related to the core function of the society, the first point of contact for those wishing to contact the society.[/li]
[li] Secretary - Maintain the national membership database. Keep all club correspondence in an organised fashion. Send letters as required. Send reminders of meetings to committee members. Take minutes at meetings and distribute to committee members. Communicate decisions made by committee to members.[/li]
[li] Treasurer - Responsible for society finances. Keep general ledger to track society expenditure and income. Pay all society accounts. Bank money received. Advise on availability of funds for projects and committee initiatives. Distribute budgets to project owners and receive repayments. Pass accounts to society accountant to be registered with the government. Present financial report of current position at committee meetings.[/li]
[li] Marketing Officer - Identify online and offline communities. Devise strategies by which to promote larp games and events to these communities, with a view to recruiting new players into larping and potentially into joining NZLARPS. Coordinate marketing campaigns.[/li]
[li] Information Technology Officer - Coordinate the creation and maintenance of information technology resources for the society such as the society’s website, online forum, communications technology for meetings, and the enablement of projects via information technology.[/li][/ul]

Each position must be held by a separate individual. If someone is elected to two positions, they must choose one, and the next highest-polling candidate (if any) fills the other.

Nominations so far. I’ll keep this updated. Candidates are ordered by nomination status, then alphabetically.

This is up to date as of Mon 12 Oct, 2015 9:50

President: Cameron Burns (nominated, seconded, accepted), Joseph Outram (nominated, seconded, accepted), Robert Shaw (nominated, seconded, accepted), Prema Cottingham (nominated; declined)

Secretary: Malcolm Harbrow (nominated, seconded, accepted), James Cooper (nominated, seconded; declined)

Treasurer: James Cooper (nominated, seconded, accepted)

Marketing Officer: Hannah Doornebosch (nominated, seconded, accepted)

Information Technology Officer: Mike Curtis (nominated, seconded, accepted), Naomi Guyer (nominated, seconded, accepted)

I would like to Nominate Mike Curtis for IT Officer

I won’t be accepting any nominations this year, unfortunately I’ve found I have too much non-larp stuff going on at the moment to give committee work the attention it deserves.

I second the nomination of Mike Curtis for IT officer.

I nominate myself for President if no one else nominated…

I would like to Nominate Malcolm Harbrow for National Secretary

I second Joseph Outram for President

I nominate James Cooper for National Secretary.

I second James Cooper for National Secretary.

Woops I meant to nominate him for National treasurer! Can I change it? or just do a new nomination?

Woops I meant to nominate him for National treasurer! Can I change it? or just do a new nomination?[/quote]

Its been seconded, so I think we’ve probably got to live with it; he can always not accept if he doesn’t want it.

Woops I meant to nominate him for National treasurer! Can I change it? or just do a new nomination?[/quote]

Its been seconded, so I think we’ve probably got to live with it; he can always not accept if he doesn’t want it.[/quote]

Ok I would like to Nominate James for National Treasurer :slight_smile:

I nominate Prema for President

I decline being nominated, I would rather just be on the Auckland committee again rather than both.

[quote=“Lady Prema”][quote=“IdiotSavant”][quote=“Lady Prema”]

Its been seconded, so I think we’ve probably got to live with it; he can always not accept if he doesn’t want it.[/quote]

Ok I would like to Nominate James for National Treasurer :slight_smile:[/quote]

Oh woops, I misread Prema’s nomination too. Top down processing. I will also second James Cooper as National Treasurer.

I accept :slight_smile:

I would like to second the nomination for Malcolm Harbrow for National Secretary. I also wish to decline the nomination for myself for National Secretary.

I accept my nomination for secretary.

I nominate Hannah Doornebosch for National Marketing Officer.

I nominate Cameron Burns for President

I second Hannah Doornebosch for National Marketing Officer.