Joining NZLARPS

I think we should have a sticky post in the NZLARPS forum that explains what NZLARPS is and why people might like to join.

Here’s a first draft:

The New Zealand Live Action Role Playing society is a non-profit organisation. It was started by kiwi larpers as a way to pool our resources, to help each other out and to promote larp in New Zealand. It has been very successful in gathering a huge quantity of gear for larps to use, assisting people to run larps without having to front up any money themselves, and providing services to larpers around the country. The society also runs this forum, Diatribe, which is an online community for kiwi larpers.

For more information about the society, visit the NZLARPS website.

If you’re into larp, but aren’t a society member yet, we strongly urge you to join. Being a member gives you a say in how the society promotes larp, and the opportunity to run larps with the financial and logistical support of NZLARPS. The annual membership fee is small, and you’ll quickly make it back in discounts.

For instructions on how to join, visit our membership page.

As a member you can vote in annual elections for the national committee, and also for your local committee. We currently have local committees in Auckland and Wellington, and a representative in Hamilton, and more local branches will be opened as we expand. You could even become a local representative for your town, and store local society equipment on behalf of NZLARPS.

In addition to members running larp projects through NZLARPS, a number of individuals and organisations are associated with the society as affiliates. Each affiliate of NZLARPS has a unique arrangement with the society, often offering benefits to society members in exchange for publicity.

For more information about affiliates, visit our affiliates page.

If you wish to contact the society about a matter concerning the society as a whole, your first point of contact is the president of the national committee. For local matters, contact a local committee director or representative.

For society contact email addresses visit our contact page.

NZLARPS is a real asset to the New Zealand larping community, and we hope you’re keen to join up!

[size=150]DiatribeAdmin[/size]

I had forgotten about this draft message.

Let me know any suggestions, and then I’ll put this up.

I’m happy with it.

But, while technically accurate, it just feels a little dry to me. Maybe we could get someone with a bit more of a “wow-gee-whizz” marketing bent to suggest something more flashy? Just a thought really…

Sounds good, let’s throw some wording ideas around.

Okay, I started trimming it, but really, it is all worth saying.

I can’t do better, I take it back, use it as it is :smiley:

I think the text needs to be shorter and more specific to joining, not stuff like affiliation. I also think it should look like the Welcome to Diatribe post. Here’s a second draft:

[size=150]How to join NZLARPS[/size]

What is NZLARPS?
The New Zealand Live Action Role Playing society is a non-profit organisation that helps kiwi larpers to pool our resources and support local larp. NZLARPS gathers gear for larps to use, assists people to run larps without having to front up money, and provides services to larpers around the country. The society also runs this forum, Diatribe, as an online community for NZ larpers.

Why should I join?
If you’re into larp but aren’t a society member yet, you should really consider joining - it will probably save you money! The annual membership fee is small, and many kiwi larps have discounts for NZLARPS members so if you attend a few of these larps each year you’ll save money overall by joining. As a member you can also vote in annual elections for the national committee, and for your local branch’s committee.

Who can I talk to about NZLARPS?
If you’d like to contact the society, check out the Contact Us page of our website. Your first point of contact is the president of the national committee. For local matters, contact a local committee director or representative. We currently have regional branches in Auckland and Wellington, and a representative in Hamilton.

NZLARPS is a real asset to the New Zealand larping community, and we hope you’re keen to join up, or to renew your membership if you’re already a member!

[size=150]DiatribeAdmin[/size]

This messaage is now live here, as an announcement in the NZLARPS forum.

Looks great, Ryan! Thanks for sorting that.

I’ve added mention that we have a Dunedin rep to the message.

What?! Who would want that job?

:stuck_out_tongue: