Introduce yourself

Hello :slight_smile: I recognise a few names and faces around here :slight_smile: I may not be terribly active as I am a costuming geek first and foremost but that gets expression in many ways (SCA, theatre, cosplay etc.) Pretty much everything about me can be found in my signature :wink:

Star Wars fan (probably won’t subscribe to the MMO but it sure is purdy) and love me a bit of historical biography reading.

Oh and I’m half dutch so that may continue the Nederlander theme :wink:

Yup, hearing of many many half or quarter-dutch people here in New Zealand XD.

G’day Michaela! Welcome aboard!

[quote=“khryn”]Is there any more information about The Great Exhibition?
– I leave August 16th[/quote]

Hi Kathryn, I just posted some information on our forums: nzlarps.org/games/greatexhibition/

We would love for you to come and play!

[quote=“Anna K”]

We would love for you to come and play![/quote]
Thanks for the information! I’ll check it out and see if I can come!

Hi
My name is Thomas Aagaard

Ryan Paddy told me about this forum and that he had link to some pictures from the danish Krigslive (warhammer fantasy larp)

So I thought i better drop by.

Iam 30years old and live in Denmark.
I have bin playing and organizing larps since 1999.
(The latest larp i organized was in 2009. Krigslive V)

When not doing that, iam studying medieval and renaissance archaeology at university.
And I do some work for Calimacil by representing them here in Denmark.
[attachment=0]Oberkaptajn-stirland.jpg[/attachment]

Welcome Thomas.

Hey Thomas, nice to see you here.

It would be cool to share war stories between Denmark and NZ. You guys have already had that explosion in larp uptake where 1 in 10 Danish kids were playing or something crazy, whereas we’re rapidly growing but haven’t hit a real combustion point yet, and we’re still largely focused on adult players.

Do you reckon that massive uptake in Denmark was specifically because it spread quickly among kids? I guess young people may be more open to new ideas - I know that I had 30+ mates at high school that all ended up larping just because a handful of us were enthusiastically running games, it can be like a fad.

On the other hand, it seems like you’re attracting plenty of adults too, to Krigslive for example.

Welcome, awesome pic =D.

About the kids playing LARP thingy. I read that article by that danish person that was floating around the forums somewhere, and I printed it, and gave it to some important person on my school, he’ll read it, and see if it’s possible to try such a thing on school… (He had a friend who played DnD, so he’ll be more open to such stuff =3)

Welcome, Thomas!

WELCOME said in a non-crazy way to imply im somewhat sane

Hi, I’m Freddie. I’ve finally registered on diaribe. I used to LARP a bit a few years ago (played Captain Nemo In the Great Exhibition), but then moved overseas to study. I’m back in NZ :slight_smile: and am studying at UoA.

Hi Guys,

My name is Chris and I landed in Auckland on Friday… I now live here :slight_smile: so am itching to get LARPing again.

In the UK (where I am from) I have had the pleasure (mostly) of being envolved with various WoD Live Actions inc. the Cam UK before they went all year of fire on us… But also awesome Contact LRPs like Oblivion, Bladelands and Insurrection, all of which where small 40-60 player games that where weekend events.

So Tell me whats good to play in Auckland :slight_smile: also interested to know about T-Top stuff if there is a RPG group in Auckland that meets regularly. Both me and my missus Lynn LRP and T-Top, we also both can ST/GM/DM various systems for table top :slight_smile: so if there is a group but no space in a game we are happy to start a new game up and drag a few new friends though our evil and twisted minds :stuck_out_tongue:

Chris

Hi Chris, welcome to Auckland! Looking forward to seeing you at events!

Welcome back Freddie and greetings Chris. Hope you enjoy your LARPing and what not and don’t forget to enjoy yourselves while you’re here.

[quote=“darkling2000”]Hi Guys,

My name is Chris and I landed in Auckland on Friday… I now live here :slight_smile: so am itching to get LARPing again.

In the UK (where I am from) I have had the pleasure (mostly) of being envolved with various WoD Live Actions inc. the Cam UK before they went all year of fire on us… But also awesome Contact LRPs like Oblivion, Bladelands and Insurrection, all of which where small 40-60 player games that where weekend events.

So Tell me whats good to play in Auckland :slight_smile: also interested to know about T-Top stuff if there is a RPG group in Auckland that meets regularly. Both me and my missus Lynn LRP and T-Top, we also both can ST/GM/DM various systems for table top :slight_smile: so if there is a group but no space in a game we are happy to start a new game up and drag a few new friends though our evil and twisted minds :stuck_out_tongue:

Chris[/quote]

Hey Mate,

Finally another pom enters the arena! Larping wise 40-60 is a medium to large larp here. The largest ever was 120 (? > Teonn). For pen-and paper gaming there is the America club that meets at Auckland uni every tuesday (dnd, exalted other white wolf stuff) There are also some LRP’s going monthly - mostly white wolf games like requem. They are monthly campaigns similar to the uk bits n bobs (not sure they are official world wide games tho)
saying T-Top here can be confused for wargaming (warhammer / warmachine / flames of war) If you are into that then I work at GW and can definatly sort you out with a club / gaming group.

Nice to have you overhere - I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I have. Oh and by the way - Curious Passtimes or Loren Trust? :wink:

Ooh, WarMachine, I used to play that for a few days in a week/event called CampZone =D (The event wasn’t actually meant for that kinda gaming, but yea…)

Us Pome’s RULE =D

we did once but then we gave it all back :stuck_out_tongue:

So who do I need to talk to to find out where the tuesday meet is for the the pen and paper games?

Chris

[quote=“Xcerus”]
Hey Mate,

Nice to have you overhere - I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I have. Oh and by the way - Curious Passtimes or Loren Trust? :wink:[/quote]

Niether :slight_smile: Oblivion, Bladelands, Insurrection, and I was proably going to try out the Odysee or what ever it is called the new one run by the mealstrom guys. But then I left… and its a bit far to go back to play :frowning: I already miss BL and Insurrection… they where both awesome :slight_smile: