Holiday guerilla larp

Who wants a quick, low-hassle larp over the holidays?

I have booked the big room at Petone Community House for saturday 28th December, from 18:30 - 11:30. Which is plenty of time to run a 3-hour
game plus kibbitz and cleanup. Which game we play will depend on how many people express interest in the next few days.

If I get 5-6 people, I will run “The Climb”, Jason Morningstar’s short (90 minute) mostly-larp about an illegal mountain climbing expedition.
Details here:

bullypulpitgames.com/news/20 … the-climb/

If I get 7 or more people, I will run “The Tribunal”, a short (2 hour) Nordic larp by J. Tuomas Harviainen about the mechanics of oppression. Details in the attachment.

In both cases, costuming is minimal - just wear black. If we get a strong indication early on, then we can try and costume it, but both
games are designed to be run costume-light.

Please let me know here if you are interested so I can decide which game to run.

Currently 4 attendees. One more, and we’re viable for The Climb.

Update: 7 signups, one of whom is only interested in The Climb. So, it is looking like The Tribunal (but a few more people would help).

If you are interested in The Climb, don’t worry - I’ll try and find somewhere else to run it, possibly Day of Games if it happens.

Aye, count me in.

Key has been picked up. We’re on for “The Tribunal”. Wear black. Cost will be $10 / $5 for NZLARPS members, with profits going to NZLARPS as usual.

We still have 4 more spaces. If you’re not sure, you can just turn up on the day.

After two dropouts, we ended up doing The Climb after all, which seemed fairly successful. For those who missed out, I’ll be looking at offering it (or The Tribunal) again at either Day of Games or Confusion.

For those who rely on a memory prosthetic, the game is on larp resume here.