Harry Potter/Star-Trek Voyager Crossover

I’m thinking of writing a Harry Potter/Star Trek - Voyager crossover LARP. The classic issue of getting stuck on the holodeck in the first Harry Potter holonovel. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.

I’m thinking that Tuvok, Janeway, Paris, the Doctor walk into the program to try and save Harry Kim (of course) and are forced to join the story until the program ends at which point they will be released. The voyager crew are forced to step into the roles of Professors or students at Hogwarts. Highjinks ensue. They must work together to solve the mystery of the Philosopher’s Stone.

Let me know what you think? Is it possible?

The do-ability would depend on the scale of the larp. How many characters would you be wanting to write and what kind of settings/scenery would you be wanting to include?

I’m thinking 8 PC’s and a few NPC and crew. I’m thinking two games, a bunch of props with both scenes being able to be played in the same hall.

Wow that is weird! :smiley:

While its probably doable, one thing to keep in mind is that players in larp don’t necessarily follow a script, so not being set on one storyline/outcome is good.

Thanks for the advice. I’m not 100% sure on how to offer this, as I have never run or written a LARP before. But I’ll see what I can do. Would anyone be able to tell me the kinds of things that go differently?

I have Star Trek characters pretending to be Harry Potter holonovel characters and Star Trek characters trying to “help” from the bridge via coms badges etc. I’m keen to do the fight to get to the philosophers stone. For example, a series of obstacles that represent the ones faced in the books, with the guidance of the crew not stuck in the novel.

• Three headed dog
  • Devils Snare
  • Flying Keys
  • Troll
  • Giant Chess
  • Potions riddle
  • boss fight with voldemort.

The second scene i’d like is of the final feast, a celebration. Gryffindor wins the house cup etc.

So yeah?

I think it’d be a good idea to try to rework the story so that the glitch that traps the Star Trek crew also corrupts the story. The players will have a lot more fun if they don’t know the puzzles. They really don’t know how to find the Philosopher’s Stone, maybe because some puzzles from other Holodeck programs have got mixed in.

I haven’t any experience of writing, only of playing, but knowing the story from beginning to end is known as a railroad and it’s not much fun. I hope that helps a bit.

Thank you. I’ll keep that advice in mind. Also I have been advised to play in LARP, at least as crew so I can understand it better. But on the other hand I am considering something like unknown variables such as, because the holodeck is corrupted the Doctor’s programme is too and causes havoc, feeding them false advice about the story. And/Or something similar with the Holodeck characters going berserk, the characters can control how etc.

Definitely play in a larp… its really hard to imagine what a larp is like until you play in one… and its loads of fun :slight_smile:

I think I need to try playing larp.