German LARP cons and big thanks!

Hey guys,

This is Jens, the German guy who was a member of the crew last weekend. I think the most distinctive feature of my appearence are my brown dreadlocks^^

First and foremost I want to say thank you for this awesome con. I had a lot of fun and it was amazing to experience LARP in another country.
I have to admit that even though the LARP scene is a small one in NZ you are as good as the German one :smiley:

Muppet and some other crew members asked me to post some links of German cons. I do not want to make you jealous , but if you should have the opportunity to go to Europe and check out one of the big cons, go for it!
It is incredible!

Well, a picture ( or in this case video) paints a thousand words:

Trailer 2012 of ConQuest of Mythodea -> Biggest LARP con of the world :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/conquestofmythodea#p/c/31C31D064F223FFE/2/n7bzF5BKXt4

Final battle of the orc camp on the Dragonfest in Germany ( unfortunately in poor qualitiy :cry: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz_6gpRzqwk

Trailer of a German LARP group (pretty awesome :smiley: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAZZshyEWDA&feature=endscreen&NR=1

One of the best LARP movies I have ever seen :wink: :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQwQVU8Tbnc&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Enjoy!

Hopefully I will have the opportunity to join another LARP here in NZ!

All the best
Jens

I -have- to go to ConQuest of Mythodea. Like, seriously.

Ok, itā€™s actually totally achievable that I could make it to that game.

Is there anyone else in the community who might be heading to Germany around then and would be keen?

Jens, would you be a good person to talk to about how to make the most of the game? The website is a little intimidating!

It might be worth look at The Grand Expedition, a group of UK larpers who go to both Conquest of Mythodea and Drachenfest every year.

thegrandexpedition.org

They form a big IC group of English-speaking larp visitors, and they get the info you need across well I think and help with logistics.

Ditto. That just lookedā€¦ do I need to learn another language for it? Because, you know, with 9 months I might be able to manage thatā€¦

Jon

Hoo boy, I hate larp videos. Theyā€™re always so lame, but those Conquest guys know how to make larp look GOOD!!! O.O
Iā€™ve seen some of those costumes before in a photo album of ā€œawesome larp costumesā€ but the trailer is something else!

Iā€™m going to officially die of jealousy if anyone goes there next year. No way I can manage it.

[quote=ā€œRyan Paddyā€]It might be worth look at The Grand Expedition, a group of UK larpers who go to both Conquest of Mythodea and Drachenfest every year.

thegrandexpedition.org

They form a big IC group of English-speaking larp visitors, and they get the info you need across well I think and help with logistics.[/quote]

Wicked! Thanks Ryan! Cā€™mon Jon, letā€™s do it!

Keep me posted. I would love to go in a NZ group to something like this.

I think I can arrange to be in Germany in Augustā€¦

Seriously, lets make this happen. Lukeā€™s keen for a trip to Germany to see one of his best friends so I have partner buy-in. :smiley:

I have considered it :slight_smile:

Letā€™s talk about this after a month or so. I think it could just be Teonn warping our perspective. I mean, itā€™s a long way to go for a LARP.

Butā€¦ I could be convincedā€¦

Might have to bring a friend from the US though. I promised him weā€™d catch up next year.

J

Oh man, that looks awesome and I was planning to go to Romania next year, Germanys not that much further right :slight_smile: ?

I suspect its possible to do this event for $3,000 including flights.

The link below (hopefully still) shows a return flight for $2,300. There might be deals that pop up some places too. Add ~$200 for the event (more if you book later), and that gives you $500 for costumes and getting to the game to keep within that budget.

jetabroad.co.nz/Flights/AKL- ā€¦ -12/1Adult

You know, I wonder how much bigger we have to get our games before we can make a convincing argument to get the government to sponsor us based on the amount of LARP tourism we generate.

After Mordavia, my next big larp was actually in Connecticut, USA. Had a great time as crew.

You guys were awesome, I was seriously impressed to find larpers whom Iā€™ve seen for the first time this weekend jumping straight in, especially with the Potion of Bandit Attraction.

Letā€™s talk about this after a month or so. I think it could just be Teonn warping our perspective. I mean, itā€™s a long way to go for a LARP.

Butā€¦ I could be convincedā€¦

Might have to bring a friend from the US though. I promised him weā€™d catch up next year.

J[/quote]

Luke and I have been tossing around the idea of going overseas in 2012 for a wee while now, and this game was always part of those conversations :smiley: One of his best friends moved to Germany last year and so theyā€™d catch up while I LARP. :smiley:

[quote=ā€œWalter Hamerā€]I suspect its possible to do this event for $3,000 including flights.

The link below (hopefully still) shows a return flight for $2,300. There might be deals that pop up some places too. Add ~$200 for the event (more if you book later), and that gives you $500 for costumes and getting to the game to keep within that budget.

jetabroad.co.nz/Flights/AKL- ā€¦ -12/1Adult[/quote]

Huh. Thatā€™s not too bad. :smiley:

Iā€™m considering the option ā€¦ especially if there was a group of us.