Agenda for NZLARPS Welfare Meeting regarding harmful sexual behaviour
Rules of the Meeting
* No personal attacks before, during, or after the meeting
* No individual issues for this meeting
* Respect others present; don’t speak over others
* Give others space to speak
* Ensure equitable gender spread of speakers
* If necessary, MC will step in if more than two people of the same gender want to speak in a row
* MC to give space for quieter participants to speak
* Stay on topic; don’t get side-tracked by niche issues or unrelated issues
* Phones off or silent
2pm - Independent MC to open the meeting (Courtney Walden)
Auckland Regional Director’s introduction (Rowena)
Auckland committee members to speak (Dave and Walter)
Guest speakers from HELP and RPE
3pm - 15 minute break for food - Pizza provided
Community discussion directed by the MC
* Issues going forward
* How do we deal with avoidable risks?
* What safety processes should be implemented by GMs, Regional committees, National committee?
* Before games - code of conduct, mood, themes in game, culture
* During games - major issues & responses, minor issues & responses
* After games - minor responses, major responses
* Welfare officers, register, red card/yellow card
* Ideas from the community
Break into smaller groups to brainstorm
* What would a safe community look and feel like?
* What to GM’s need to consider?
* What does NZLARP’s need to consider?
* What do people that have been targeted by harmful behaviour need?
* What do people that have been accused of perpetrating harmful behaviour need?
* When can the community, GM’s and NZLARP’s intervene or preempt?
* What could a safe process for resolving these issues look like?
5pm - MC to close meeting
5pm - 6pm: Time after meeting for people to talk to committee members on specific issues, and time to socialise.