Cloaks

I’m relatively new to LARPing and as such am still working on getting a full costume.
I was looking around and I haven’t been able to find anywhere that sells simple warm cloaks for less than a small fortune.
I’m size s/m, and hem length isn’t a problem as I can take a tuck in the bottom.
If anyone has any suggestions of where I could find one or if anyone knows someone selling secondhand?
Thanks.

Howdy!

Ryan Paddy is a kiwi in Auckland who runs paddywhack.co.nz - He’s got cloaks and capes for sale on his website.

I just checked and he has a black on in stock for $66.99 paddywhack.co.nz/costumes/capes/basic-black-cape

He’s also got a lined green cloak for $83.99 in stock paddywhack.co.nz/costumes/capes/ … een-lining

Those are both cotton. For better warmth, you’ll want wool. Ryan also sells wool cloaks but they’re priced accordingly (but fairly - wool is expensive material).

If you want to make your own, you can get a wool blanket and a big safety pin and you’ll be sorted. You can get wool blankets at the army surplus store for around $30-$40. You won’t have a hood, and the look works better for a peasant than a noble, but you’ll be warm.

If you’re trying to get something ready for Crucible in Sept, lemme know. We might be able to find you a loaner if you can’t afford to buy right now. I can also send you a pattern for a no-sew cloak, but it has no hood.

:slight_smile:

Some other cloaks are here: darkknightarmoury.com/c-167- … robes.aspx

Nothing wrong with rectangular cloaks, in the right setting. I use a standard grey army blanket, with a broach or penannular pin. Much cheaper than a semi-circular cloak, but not as swishy.

I agree. I have lots of cloaks and my favourite is my woollen one made from a $50 wool army blanket.

Do you have a style of costuming you’re trying to match the cloak to?