Calendar archives

Yup, named after our awesome president :slight_smile:

anyone actually updating this? :confused:

puts his hand up yeah, thatsā€¦ meant to be meā€¦ Iā€™ll get onto it tomorrow at the latest, sorry guys!

Good evening,

For those interested in joining the Hunter larp, weā€™ll be running it on the SECOND weekend of the month on Saturday nights, starting next month (June). Time and venue to be announced, but it will probably be from seven until eleven at the Waikato University.

If anyone from Auckland wants to come down for the game, send a message to us and weā€™ll put you in contact with the others coming from there.

Hey Jonothan

If you could give me the details of where and when you are running this when you know it, Iā€™ll add it to the NZLARPS calendar for you.

Ok. So it wasnā€™t tomorrow. Iā€™m a slacker, I apologise again.

The calendar has now been officially updated as of 30/04/10

hrmmā€¦ you forgot nexusā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

No I havent. Nexus GMs have been emailed and asked to send through their upcoming dates so I can add them all

Is this still running?

Planning for a weekend game is currently underway! :smiley: Booking has been done for Awhitu Camp (which Iā€™m just waiting for the reply) for Friday 11th to Sunday 13th of March, 2011. Given these booking dates, player registrations will close 25th February, with crew registrations, payments, and character updates closing 4th March.

Can we get an update on events coming up please? Iā€™m keen to see what is available early-ish next year. Factoring in things like the Taupo Joust would also be great.

The plan is to get the calander for next year out soonā€¦I have seen a brief run down for the stuff happening next year and let me tell ya its gonna be busy (at least in auckland).

Iā€™ve just received confirmation from Waiuku College that the booking has been completed - the weekend game is going ahead, fully booked for 11th-13th March! Hope to see you there!

Payments are ready to go for the game!

Players: $85 ($10 discount if paid before February 15th)
Crew: $40

Bank Account:
ANZ Erin R Hockings
01-0422-0114059-50

A list of paid persons will be kept updated in the Jade Empire Forum on this board. Financial arrangements can be made by negotiation by PM and email.

Also, in an effort to get those bookings paid up on time. Everyone who has paid before the 15th of February price increase will also go into a draw to win a six foot polearm, to be drawn at the game*

*and, if your character is lacking the skill to use it, the appropriate skill.

As Derek says - get in early for goodies! :smiley:

The official brief is as follows:

Jade Empire: Qiu Chao (Autumn Tides)

The River of Heaven flows, across the dark sky it pours;
Thus do I pour my longing, desires and deepest dream;
I hope that the autumn tides, may carry them to the gods.

Autumn is a time of changes, a time of consideration and contemplation, for completion of things before the dark of winter. The Lotus Han Lord, Lian Nobuko, is in retreat at one of her private estates. However, this is not simply a contemplative retreat, as Clans have been asked to send their best and brightest young women; there are rumours of a marriage for an up-and-coming courtier, a close relative of the Han Lord. However, there is danger - Black Land raids and ninja strikes have been reported close to the private estate.

The heroes will encounter new challenges, new foes, and new choices that will affect the whole Empireā€¦

Where are people currently looking for upcoming events etc? I notice the May 2011 Teonn is not in this calendar, and I also find I need to know when regos open (and close) so I can have a chance of joining in time. Is there any one link / repository / discussion line I can check to get this info?
Anna

I admit, I donā€™t use this calender to keep track of events. There is a mailing list for the Wellington larping group that I rely on, as well as word of mouth from regular larpers and checking the region subforums for upcoming games.

I keep the mini-calendar at www.nzlarps.org (at the top right) as up to date as possible, and people who are logged in to the database and marked as running a group are able to add their own events. To get more detail on an event in that calendar, click one of the event names.

The Trojan prince Paris has spirited away the most beautiful woman in the world, Helen of Sparta from her husband Menelaus. With the support of his brother Agamemnon he has summoned all of the kings and heroes of Greece to gather at Aulis. From there the greatest fleet the world has ever seen will set forth for Troy to avenge this insult and return Helen to her husbandā€™s side.

High atop Mount Olympus, the Gods watch intently. Even though Zeus has forbidden any direct interference, they conspire to advance the cause of their favoured scions and worshippers in the coming war. In the shadows, dark forces take advantage of their distraction to set their own plots in motion.

Achaean will be the Saturday evening LARP at Kapcon XXI for approximately 80 players. Weā€™re trying something a little different this year and the game will be split into two separate but connected games; the mortals gathering for war in Aulis and the Gods watching from atop Mount Olympus. Please register your interest at achaean.kapcon@gmail.com to be kept abreast of all announcements. Any ideas or suggestions you may have are also most welcome.