Calendar archives

[size=150]BATTLECRY 2010[/size]

When: 20th & 21st February, 2010 - 8am: Doors open for registrations

Where: ASB Stadium, Kohimarama, Auckland

What: Roleplaying, LARPing, Wargaming, Cardgaming, and many other events.

Cost: $20 - $40

Further Details: http://theamericaclub.net.nz/battlecry2010

LARPs available include:

Friday Night Larp: Bad Dreams - Organiser Vanya

Saturday morning: Orcball - Organiser: Peter

Saturday afternoon: Jade Empire - Organiser Erin

Saturday evening (Flagship Larp): Breakout Day - Organiser Peter

Sunday morning: Spy Hard - Organiser Tigger

Sunday afternoon: Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste - Organiser Anna

[attachment=0]Logo - Battlecry 2010 (Small).JPG[/attachment]

Hello,

This has already been posted on nzrag, but for those interested in LARPing I am part of the team that will be running the MAFIA 2071 LARP at Kapcon 18 on the evening of Saturday 22 January.

We are working hard on this project and have a questionaire up in order to start assigning characters.

Here is a link to the Questionaire: kapcon.rpg.net.nz/?q=node/178

The flickering light of neon signs illuminate the blood soaked streets from their lofty perch atop the corporate towers of NeoSteelsberg. These mega corporations tower over the darkened streets of the city, but in those streets, just beyond their reach lie the true power of the city.

This power has become is fractured, years of war have rent the underworld families and divided this once strong Mafia powerbase. On any normal night, the air would be filled with the stench of blood and the scream of police sirens, but tonight is special.

Tonight, for just one night, the war ends.
The guns are silenced and the blood has time to dry.
The powers of the underworld join together to pay their respects to the fallen.

But who was Big Tony? Word on street is rife with rumour. Some say he was a deep cover federal agent, others have him as a member of the ruling body of the Mafia from Sicily, still more connect him with the mega corporations. One thing is true, his death has attracted the attention of all three of the underworld family heads; which forces a second, more dire question.

Who killed Big Tony?

Tonight, the city holds its breath as the three criminal powers meet under the same roof. For this night holds more promise than any in years, this night is maybe the last and only chance for the warring factions of the cities underworld to reach peace once more, or forever rend it asunder.

In top contention; La Cosa Nostra, the Malandrino family. With years of heritage behind them, tonight presents an opportunity to reclaim the city for themselves and to finally rid the streets of an infection they have been forced to share power with for too long, the Irish.

With no need for fancy titles and the pomp and ceremony of their Sicilian counterparts, the Irish Mob has controlled the lower city for decades. Tonight, with the Commissione present, true control of the city is once again within their grasp, but their lofty goals are not without complication.

From the shadows of the new world wide web, the Matrix, a new power has emerged. They need no hit man to kill you or strong-arm to make threats, with but a whisper and keystroke they can steal your very identity. The NeoMafia have struggled against the traditional powers for too long, and now demand recognition.

Tonight, the city holds its breath these warring factions the sit together in an uneasy peace.

Traitors will be unmasked
Bonds of friendship made and broken
Love found and lost
Peace made or destroyed

Tonight, amidst the neon glow and fading gun smoke, the fate of NeoSteelsberg will be decided.

Mafia 2071.

I’m coming and I’m bringing a posse.

:smiley:

Yay!! I cant wait for this. It sounds awesome.

The KapconLARP email isn’t working :frowning:
Have tried sending questions to you three times and all have been sent back by the mail system. Is kapconlarp09@myway.com the correct email?

One question can be posted here:
Where is NeoSteelsberg set? America?

[quote=“Muppet”]The KapconLARP email isn’t working :frowning:
Have tried sending questions to you three times and all have been sent back by the mail system. Is kapconlarp09@myway.com the correct email?

One question can be posted here:
Where is NeoSteelsberg set? America?[/quote]

Might be worth posting this over on NZRaG - nzrag.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2459

Thanks for mentioning this. Last night we during our meeting we started experiencing issues with the e-mail address we use.

The e-mail provider has upgraded the system to some fancy Java style of page but it seems so bug ridden we have not been able to send or receive e-mails since part way though Monday evening.

Our new (and working) e-mail address is kapconlarp09@gmail.com. If you could resend any comments or answers to character options it would be appreciated. (If you have not received a confirmation e-mail with more information or casting options then we may not have received your reply)

We were receiving mail up until Monday evening so will resend the replies to the questionnaires we e-mailed out that night. I believe we received Muppet and Juliet’s questionnaires.
If you do not receive an e-mail later this week please try resubmitting your questionnaire or e-mailing us directly. (Hopefully by this time the form of the Kapcon website will be updated to the correct e-mail address).

This unexpected technical hitch was beyond our control, and we hope it does not put you off what we believe will be a very interesting and fun LARP.

Thanks

I judge all LARP’s i’m going to attended by their lack or non-lack of technical hitches before the game :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, the more hitches the better right? :smiley:

Just making sure we can meet everyones expectation of a great LARP.

This isn’t ideal, but until we have a proper calendar, please post important dates here.

Note: You CAN still access the old calendar at this location:
2/calendar.php

But don’t post to it, we intend to migrate fully, soon.

Dates in the future from the old calendar:

September 26-28: St. Wolfgang’s Vampire Hunters: Trinity

December 19-21: Nightmare Circle
viewtopic.php?p=34499#34499

requiem game = first saturday of every month

OWBN = 2nd Sat of the Month

Dates of upcoming events are also shown on the mini-calendar at www.nzlarps.org

There are lots of larps coming up in the next few months, I’ve updated the mini calendar on the NZLARPS website:

nzlarps.org

Let me know if I’ve missed anything.

[color=#8000FF]Knightshade: Legacy of the Ancients[/color] 24/01/2009, see the KS thread for further info.

Battlecry
ASB Stadium + other buildings (Kohimarama)

20th February - Masquerade on Fleet Street
21st February - Ravenholme, Bad Dreams, …
22nd February - Requiem? …

If anyone else wishes to run a pre-gen LARP at Battlecry, please contact Anna, Peter or myself (Patrick) to arrange a slot over the weekend.

[quote=“Raphael_Harker”]Battlecry
ASB Stadium + other buildings (Kohimarama)

20th February - Masquerade on Fleet Street
21st February - Ravenholme, Bad Dreams, …
22nd February - Requiem? …

If anyone else wishes to run a pre-gen LARP at Battlecry, please contact Anna, Peter or myself (Patrick) to arrange a slot over the weekend.[/quote]I may well be mistaken, but was Xcerus thinking of running something at Battlecry?

Yea - starwars should be on that battlecry list as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Starwars - saturday the 21st feb… @ Battlecry. 14:00 - 18:00

Rules are on Diatribe - star wars topic -rules post.

Hi there,
I get a message saying:

[quote]The following Internet address is inaccessible:
battlecry.has.it/
The requested service is currently unavailable. The Proxy server cannot execute the query. If possible, the requested origin server returns the presumable availability status in a [Retry-After-Header]-variable [E%].
[/quote]