Arcs

I’ve had a few people mention that they have left the Arc of their birth. I just wanted to clarify that getting out of an Arc isn’t too difficult. However getting back in is almost impossible, unless you’re on official Arc business.

If you think you have a valid way back in let me know and I’ll discuss it with you.

… well, apparently… getting thrown in jail may be one? :confused:

Well obviously. Getting caught for a crime is a great way to get into an Arc.

Getting framed, you mean. grumble

You can’t get framed with your own dang cargo.

Huh. Yeah. A funny thing about that… :confused:

Yep, pretty funny.

You ended up in a good place, what are ya complaining about.

Seems I gots lots to complain about. Ha-rumpfh.

I mean, naw, s’all good. The locals are reeeeal friendly.

Do we have names / locations of Arcs yet? (IE: has anyone created / named one in their background?)

There are a few people, however I think they want it to be a little bit secret squirrel.

I am thinking about playing a character that was thrown out or had to leave an Arc for some reason, if the secret squirrel people wouldnt mind me being ousted from their Arc, please contact me. :slight_smile:

[quote=“amphigori”]Seems I gots lots to complain about. Ha-rumpfh.

I mean, naw, s’all good. The locals are reeeeal friendly.[/quote]

That we are.

So I know of three ARCs…

Do the ARC’s have knowledge of each other?
Do they compete for old world resources?
Do they have communications with other ARCs?
Do they have access to Satellite imagery?

if so do the ARC’s or those with TECH communications devices need to have their own secret forum?

[quote=“8w_gremlin”]So I know of three ARCs…
Do the ARC’s have knowledge of each other?
[/quote]

I’m pretty sure someone once upon a time had a list of the various Arcologies in the world. That information could be archived. I understood the basic idea was that they were closed communities so with 150 odd years since the collapse it’s probably not common knowledge anymore.

How would they? The Arcs are self contained and self supporting. Other than food, self generated power and recycling they actually don’t have squat. Everything is out in the World that Is. Travel isn’t super fast out there and the Arcs are a long way from each other. They might gather resources from those outside, and things like gold might be more important to them for repairing electronics than they would be to and outsider, but it’s still going to be difficult to compete with other Arcs.

That said surely they compete with the outside for resources and the Arcs probably have a lot of strength if they chose to muster it. The Free State Militia for example may cover a large area if you go by one persons interpretation of the map, but population over that area is probably smaller than an Arc.

Again, they were supposed to be closed off. It’s possible, but it’s more interesting if they don’t. That way each Arc can evolve individually rather than being the same. It makes each one more unique which I thing is better for the game.

That probably depends on how the Satellites are powered and how they have lasted without maintenance. I mean it is entirely possible that the infrastructure of a Cellular network survived the three events. Techies from an Arc that still have that sort of technology inside an Arc could probably get one up and running again with the right power. So It’s possible they have access to satellites (unless they have all been taken over by AIs), but remember Tech is dying for one reason or another. Maybe erosion of the satellite network is part of that.

[quote]
if so do the ARC’s or those with TECH communications devices need to have their own secret forum?[/quote]

People from the same Arc do probably need there own forum. Personally I’m always a little wary of over roleplaying before an actually session but that’s just me and others like different styles. Regardless I’m sure they have a lot to discuss. Those from different Arcs though, wouldn’t it be more interesting to see the culture clash in person.

I think these are all interesting questions. Obviously I’m no authority on any of it, because I neither come from an Arc or am running the game. So this is mostly an outsiders perspective of the Arcs in the world, or at least the one closest to us. Don’t mess with it, you never know what sort of stuff they have in there.

But yeah cool questions, because while the Arcs are probably the least alien to us, they are (or should be) the most alien thing in the World that Is.