2015 National AGM - 22nd October 2015

NZLARPS will be holding its AGM at 7pm on October 22, in Auckland (venue TBA). The Auckland branch is holding theirs on the same day, so we’re hoping to deal with the annual administrivia (accounts and elections, committee reports and any constitutional amendments) before the start of their RGM. Because we do email voting nowdays, the actual meeting should be quick.

If you have any business you wish to propose, please either email the national secretary on secretary@nzlarps.org, or post it here. There is a 15 clear days requirement for notice of business, so the latest you can propose a motion is Wednesday 7 October 2015.

Agenda
Acceptance of last year’s AGM minutes (here)
Approval of accounts
Reports from committee
Constitutional amendments
Election of the new national committee.

I will set up a separate thread for committee nominations . Note that if you want to nominate people for committee, you must be a member; if you are unsure of your membership status, please log on to secretary@nzlarps.org to check. A lot of memberships come due around AGM time, so its a good reminder to rejoin.

Members have now been emailed their formal notice of the AGM.

In accordance with s32 of the NZLARPS constitution, the financial statements for NZLARPS, covering the financial year 1 September 2014 to 31 August 2015 are provided to the membership for review, 14 days before the AGM. Please see them attached to this post.

Items appearing on the Profit & Loss Statement that may be of interest:

[ul][li]Advertising: This is made up of expenses related to promoting NZLARPS and LARPing at different expositions, principally Armageddon Auckland 2014 and Armageddon Wellington 2015, but also including Aethercon.[/li]
[li]Gear maintenance: This is comprised primarily of expenses related to the move last September of the Auckland gear library from the old gear shed to the current storage facility. The bulk of the cost was to do with erecting the shelving inside it.[/li]
[li]Legal and Accounting: This relates entirely to the subscription price for the Society’s use of MYOB.[/li]
[li]Rent: This relates entirely to the Auckland branch’s rental of the storage unit used to store the Auckland gear library[/li]
[li]Gifts and gratuities: This is largely made up of gifts to Hannah’s mother for allowing us to use her backyard for the old gear shed, and to people who assisted with the Moonbright photo shoot.[/li][/ul]

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Secretary’s Report

We have 118 members (70 in Auckland, 35 in Wellington, and 13 in Hamilton), down from a peak of 128 last AGM. Membership has fallen in both Hamilton and Wellington, while Auckland has held steady. Hopefully new campaigns in both regions will act as a recruitment tool in the coming year.

Over the past year I’ve worked hard on trying to get people to renew their memberships, though I clearly haven’t been as successful as I’d like. The new banking arrangements have made the processing of memberships significantly easier, allowing me to check payments immediately and reducing the waiting time from a week to a day.

This is tonight! I will be there from 6.30pm to set up so feel free to arrive from then on. If you can’t come please remember to vote via email - as we really need quorum!