2015 Auckland AGM - 22nd October 2015

Hi everyone,

The Auckland Regional AGM for 2015 is fast approaching. Start thinking about it now, and whether you would like to run for any positions.

Meeting Time and Location
The AGM will be held on Thursday the 22nd of October, Western Springs Community Garden hall, 956 Great North Rd, Western Springs, Auckland.

It will start at 7:30pm. (It will follow the National AGM, at the same venue, so come along for that.)

Please attend the AGM- it is real important that we have quorum for the meeting, so we can vote in our new committee and get a clear direction on how the membership wants the committee to take for the next year.

Agenda
Review minutes of previous AGM.
Reports from current committee members
Voting Committee members for 2016
Any matters arising (please post below if you have a topic you want discussed)

Nominating People

Do you want to be on the committee, or do you want to nominate someone else to a role?

We encourage all NZLARPS members to consider standing for one of the positions on the committee:

• Regional Director
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
  • Marketing Officer
  • Gear Officer
  • General Officer (x2)

You can be nominated by others, and you can also self-nominate. Use this thread to register nominations. NB: You can stand for multiple positions if you wish (and pull out of subsequent elections once you secure a position).

If you’re thinking about joining the committee then read this topic, which outlines the responsibilities of each position.
diatribe.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=201&t=9131

And/or catch up with the current committee members at Chimera to chat about how it all works - myself, Walter Hamer, Clare Stones, Dave Luxton, Mike Curtis, Daena Schofield.

Note we will have a deadline for nominations, to allow for remote voting. TBA. Details of online voting procedures also to be advised.

Nominations so far. I’ll keep this updated. Candidates are ordered by nomination status, then alphabetically.

Auckland Regional Director:
Prema Cottingham (Nominated and Seconded - Declined)
Dave Luxton (Nominated)

Auckland Regional Secretary:
Bethany Strom (Nominated and seconded)

Auckland Regional Treasurer:
Walter Hamer (Nominated and Seconded)

Auckland Regional Marketing Officer:
Prema Cottingham (Nominated)

Auckland Regional Gear Officer:
Mike Curtis (Nominated and Seconded)

Auckland General Officer (2 positions available):
Dave Luxton (Nominated)

I nominate Prema for Director
I nominate Walter for Tresurer
I nominate Prema for Marketing
I nominate Mike for Gear Officer

I second Walter Hamer for Treasurer

I second Mike Curtis for Gear Officer

I will second Prema for Director.
I will second Prema for Marketing.

[quote=“Walter Hamer”]I will second Prema for Director.
I will second Prema for Marketing.[/quote]

I can only really hold one office people! I will accept the nomination for Director and decline the nomination for Marketing.

I would like to nominate Dave Luxton for General Officer.

I will second Dave Luxton for general officer

I nominate Bethany Strom for Auckland secretary

I second Beth for Secretary

[quote=“MissC”]I nominate Prema for Director
I nominate Prema for Marketing
[/quote]

After considering it I am going to step down as regional director and instead run for the Marketing officer. So I accept this nomination.

I would like to nominate Dave Luxton for Regional Director.

I second Dave Luxton for regional director

I will accept the nomination for Regional Director. Thanks Prema and Walter for the Nomination and Seconding.

FYI, I’m going to need acceptances/declines from the people nominated above before I can send out an email ballot.

Oh right. I accept the nomination for regional treasurer.

I accept my nomination for Gear Officer.

Thank you all :slight_smile:

I have sent the following email out to all current NZLARPs members in the Auckland region. If you haven’t received it then your membership is out of date! (Or your email address is bouncing!)

Hello NZLARPS member,

NZLARPS will be holding its AGM at 7pm on Thursday 22 October 2015 at the
Western Springs Community Garden hall, 956 Great North Rd, Western Springs,
Auckland. It will be followed immediately by the Auckland regional AGM at
7:30pm.

This voting ballot is for the Auckland Regional AGM.

We need a large number of participants for quorum, so if you cannot attend please vote by email using the ballot below.

The business to be conducted is as follows:

• Acceptance of last year’s AGM minutes
  • Approval of accounts
  • Reports from committee
  • Election of returning officer
  • Election of the new national committee

Because of the requirement for email voting, no nominations or amendments will be accepted from the floor.

Any member may vote by email. At the start of the meeting a returning officer will be elected who will have the responsibility of tallying up the votes. To vote, email your ballot (below) by 7pm on 22 October to: nzlarps2015aucklandagm@gmail.com.

Email voting is not anonymous but only the vote counter will be able to see the emails, and they will subsequently be deleted.

Below are the things you need to vote on for the AGM if voting by Email. Pick one option for each:

Vote: Regional Director
Dave Luxton
No Confidence
Abstain

Vote: Secretary
Bethany Strom
No Confidence
Abstain

Vote: Treasurer
Walter Hamer
No Confidence
Abstain

Vote: Marketing Officer
Prema Cottingham
No Confidence
Abstain

Vote: Gear Officer
Mike Curtis
No Confidence
Abstain

Ties will be decided by a coin toss.

Votes can be sent to nzlarps2015aucklandagm@gmail.com. We’ll verify all votes received against our membership list.

I don’t seem to have received the email, but I did get the National one.

My membership and listed email are up to date. No problem using the info here to vote, just letting you know in case it indicates a wider problem.